All iPads Can I use an iPad Air from Hong Kong on 4G in Denmark, Europe?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by felixen, Nov 7, 2013.

1. felixen macrumors 6502a

I read an article saying that the iPad Air is 100% global in the sense that you can buy it in any country and the 4G will work in any other country. But in the comments to that article some people said it wasn't 100% correct.

So my question is if anyone knows if I can buy an iPad Air 4G in Hong Kong and use the mobile broadband in Denmark?

2. Pressure macrumors 68040

Pressure

3. felixen thread starter macrumors 6502a

Aaaaawesome!

4. KhunJay macrumors 6502

KhunJay

I have heard that the apple store in HK is the cheapest store in the world to get apple stuff...any truth in this?

5. whtrbt7 macrumors 6502a

I would say yes, it's true that Apple HK is one of the cheapest since there is no sales tax and conversion to HKD can sometimes be great. The prices are also not straight conversions from USD so sometimes, you come out ahead just due to the pricing scheme.

6. Pressure macrumors 68040

Pressure

Are you going to HK? :)

7. haruhiko macrumors 68040

haruhiko

Hong Kong doesn't have any sales tax, and its currency Hong Kong Dollar is pegged to the US dollar at USD1:HKD7.8 since 1983 therefore the exchange rate has been very stable over the decades. Also, there are 3 Apple Stores in the city and you can check the prices on http://store.apple.com/hk first. Information about the 3 Apple Stores can be found here: http://www.apple.com/hk/en/retail/

;)

8. felixen thread starter macrumors 6502a

Nah, but I know some people who are, so I'll be asking a favor I think :D