can i use facetime with somebody who has a web cam or a built in cam/Mac users

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Floyd26, Jul 15, 2010.

1. Floyd26 macrumors member

can i use facetime with somebody who has a web cam or a built in cam/Mac users

2. WhySoSerious macrumors 65816

WhySoSerious

no

3. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Not yet but in the future they will allow more services and users to get into the FaceTime thing.

4. skiltrip macrumors 68030

On this topic, is there, as of right now, any App that lets you video chat between an iPhone and a Windows PC? Like AIM or something along those lines, or no?

5. komiothebeat macrumors 6502

komiothebeat

no strictly iPhone4 to iPhone4 as of Right now

6. MozMan68 macrumors 68000

MozMan68

Go to the front page to see what BGR says about the development of FaceTime in the next firmware upgrade....seems to be coming sooner rather than later.

7. themadrussian macrumors regular

Soon. I suspect the videochat feature within iChat will be renamed to FaceTime. Combined with FaceTime on the next-gen iPad (almost a certainty) and iPod touch (seems to be a fairly foregone conclusion for this as well), you'll have plenty of people with access to the service.

8. BeyondtheTech macrumors 68020

BeyondtheTech

I'm just wondering if FaceTime was supposed to be submitted to the Open Standards board earlier in the month, where's the technical information and initial development for it?

9. ScoobyVick macrumors newbie

fring will let you do iphone to "others" video chat i think... but fring kinda sucked when i tried it.. :D

10. outphase macrumors 65816

Fring also allows video calls to Skype. It also sucked even on the same wifi network.

11. VeNoMiZeD macrumors 6502

I was on Virgin America plane last week to Vegas and they have Wifi onboard ($10) fee. I should of tried it but didn't and was wondering if Facetime would have worked up high in the sky like that. The plane has Wifi so I don't see why not. Anybody tried it on a plane yet?

12. Daremo macrumors 68000

Daremo

Fring pulled this Skype feature the same day it was released, and no longer supports it, due to the demand from Skype that Fring removes it's compatibility from the software.