Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

songbirdsound

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 4, 2009
I have an 80g iPod video that plugs into the comp via USB. I have a white Belkin car charger that charges via the bottom iPod connector.

Can I use the iPhone 3GS with this charger if it worked for the iPod? I don't wanna blow anything.

Ivan P

macrumors 68030
Jan 17, 2008
Home
I have an 80g iPod video that plugs into the comp via USB. I have a white Belkin car charger that charges via the bottom iPod connector.

Can I use the iPhone 3GS with this charger if it worked for the iPod? I don't wanna blow anything.

It should work, yes, as they both have the same 30-pin connector.

Macnator

macrumors 6502
Jan 25, 2008
Canada
It may or may not work. I have a Belkin iPod Charging Kit that I bought last christmas, that only works with the iPods. I went to my cottage and was glad to have a car charger with me, but when I plugged it into the car charger, a message on the screen said "This accessory is not made for iPhone". So I had to buy a new car charger. :(

So if you still have the packaging for that charger, check to see if theres a "Works with iPhone" badge. If not, it won't work. Although it told me I could turn on Air Plane mode for it to work, (to get rid of interference supposedly) but that's pointless.:p

songbirdsound

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 4, 2009
It may or may not work. I have a Belkin iPod Charging Kit that I bought last christmas, that only works with the iPods. I went to my cottage and was glad to have a car charger with me, but when I plugged it into the car charger, a message on the screen said "This accessory is not made for iPhone". So I had to buy a new car charger. :(

So if you still have the packaging for that charger, check to see if theres a "Works with iPhone" badge. If not, it won't work. Although it told me I could turn on Air Plane mode for it to work, (to get rid of interference supposedly) but that's pointless.:p

Ok I can handle a message saying it's not compatible, as long as it won't ruin my iPhone. Thanks.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.