Can I use my Verizon credit at the Apple store?

bigrash

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 23, 2008
I'm due for an upgrade next week and believe I get a $50 Verizon credit. Since it looks like most Verizon stores around here are out of the iPhone 5, can I use that credit at the Apple store?

SR45

macrumors 65832
Aug 17, 2011
Florida
I asked Verizon on my old phone credit and they said no at that time. About a year ago. So me thinks its still a no.

hkfan24

macrumors regular
Sep 20, 2012
No since Apple store would not benefit from that sale using the credit. Verizon credit is for Verizon stores only as a way to keep you coming back to them and eventually spending more in the end.

akonikui

macrumors regular
Jun 30, 2007
Like, verizon store credit? No.

Like an upgrade credit (possibly from a legacy Verizon program)? Yes. It will pop up on their EasyPay as you're going through the checkout process and you can choose to use the whole credit or just a portion of it.

bigrash

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 23, 2008
Thanks guys. Looks like I might just have to buy from Verizon and wait.

nostresshere

macrumors 68030
Dec 30, 2010
Yea, Apple is funny like that. For some reason, they do not like giving away money. Go figure!

LOL!

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
I'm due for an upgrade next week and believe I get a $50 Verizon credit. Since it looks like most Verizon stores around here are out of the iPhone 5, can I use that credit at the Apple store?
You said it yourself.
Its a Verizon credit.
Why would Apple or any other company accept it besides verizon?
That's like me trying to use a burger king gift card at Pizza hut.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.