Can I use the Apple iPhone upgrade plan if my line is on ATT next?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by vanimal, Sep 19, 2016.

1. vanimal macrumors 6502a

Ive asked a few times in the main thread but haven't had it answered yet. Essentially what I want to do is use the Apple upgrade program via the citizens loan. From what I understand the phones unlocked and that's ATT will see it when I have it on my account?

Once I have my 7 plus I want to pop my current sim in. I will then sell my iPhone 6s Plus on eBay & use that amount to pay off the remainder of my 6splus that's on ATT next currently.

I assume it's fine since I've gotten all the way to the checkout screen & I've used my ATT number to verify our account. If I chose ATT next on the Apple site it shows I have to buy it outright which makes sense since the phone still has a balance via ATT next.

I just want to make sure so I can move quick that I won't screw anything on my plan up if some 7 plus phones come in stock tonight.

I have a gut feeling some 7+ phones will show up for reserve tonight. There were a few Sunday but I was too slow trying to figure out I go this route.

2. Elyphant macrumors regular

Elyphant

The iphone upgrade plan is apples version of att next. You can do both...but youre gonna have 2 payments to make lol apples payments and atts payments. I suggest paying off the installments on your att next plan and then doing the iphone ipgrade plan. Thats what im doing if i dont get my phone this week

3. vanimal thread starter macrumors 6502a

Well I won't have two payments for long since the day I get the 7plus I will list my 6s plus on eBay. I'll have it sold in a day or two so that's not a problem & probably have the phone paid off before my next bill even came.

I just don't want to go without phone for a week or whatever. I just wanted to make sure I can do both briefly. This all depends if I can get my hands on a 7 plus within the next few days.

But thank you for confirming if my local Apple Store gets some in tomorrow hopefully! I know I'm good to go!

4. kre62 macrumors 68000

If you know youre going to sell it quick itd be easier to just pay off the 6s now, get a new next plan on the 7, then sell the 6s to recover your outlay.

5. vanimal, Sep 19, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2016

vanimal thread starter macrumors 6502a

Could do that as well. But did you mean get the 7 via the Apple upgrade program? That's the direction I want to go this route with Apple care rather then the ATT next.

I can actually order the 7 plus to be shipped to me now via the iPhone upgrade program. But I won't get it till mid October it said.
    --- Post Merged, Sep 19, 2016 ---
    I even thought about selling my finances 6s plus & giving her mine. We got hers free "well $650 worth of bill credits" as part of a buy one get one free when we got or 6s plus phones. Hers is paid off, mine has a balance on it at the moment.