Can I voice control my iPhone to play an artist when my iPhone is locked or when..how

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by crewxp, Dec 18, 2009.

1. crewxp macrumors newbie

Hey, quick question. I'm considering getting a 3gs, as I only have a 2g right now.

But can I use its voice control to play an artist on the iPhone when my iPhone is locked?

If so, how? Do I press the home button or can I press the Mic button on my headphones?

And last question (same topic, assuming I can), can I voice control an artist when my iPhone is in my pocket? (Example: Phone is in my pocket and I press the mic button on my headphones and say Play Linkin Park)

Thanks a lot! This question is a deciding factor in me getting the 3gs.

2. SeanMcC macrumors regular

Yes.

You hold down the home button on the 3GS and the voice control pops up. From there you can say "play songs by *artist*". This also works when the phone is locked.

I am unsure about voice control through the headphones, never tried it.

3. Revelation78 macrumors 68000

Revelation78

Voice control through the headset is the same way - hold down the center button and wait for the audible tone. After which you state the song/artist you want to hear or the name of the person you want to call.

4. Dee2001 macrumors member

Yes, you can do voice control through headphones too. Just press and hold mic button.