Can I walk into a UK Apple store tomorrow and buy an aluminium macbook???

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by anim8or, Oct 14, 2008.

1. anim8or macrumors 65816

anim8or

Just as the title suggests folk!

Or was steve talking about the sh**y plastic MBs?

2. Elven macrumors 6502a

Elven

They're not ****.

To be honest I'd avoid the new ones until they've had a month or two to iron out the niggles.

3. Wiredrawn macrumors regular

I think this applies more to software than hardware.

Not buying now would mean waiting till the next update, which will mean the next chip change, which will probably be more that a couple of months.

4. anim8or thread starter macrumors 65816

anim8or

I sold my first gen MBP to get the new aluminium MB, i will be getting one asap....

I only ask if anyone knows if the in stores tomorrow applies to the aluminium MBs or the older MBs... obviously the older ones will be in store as they are already there!!!

*****HELLO MODS CAN YOU REASSIGN THIS THREAD TO THE MACBOOK FORUM I POSTED IN THE WRONG AREA SORRY*******

:eek::eek::eek:

5. Wiredrawn macrumors regular

It looks like the new ones are due in stores tomorrow.

"Shipping today, should hit stores tomorrow." - Straight from the Keynote.

He only said this about the high end Alu-macbook, and didn't give a date for the bottom end, but I assume he was speaking about Alu-macbooks in general.

6. ipodtoucher macrumors 68000

ipodtoucher

He did not state if they would be available in the UK stores but you should assume so, now go get in line!

7. neiltc13 macrumors 68040

neiltc13

The online store for the USA currently lists MacBooks as shipping in "1-3 business days" but the UK store says they are 7 days away. I'd imagine Apple has been manufacturing the US computers first and then will move on to international variants.

Remember, the different keyboard means that the entire base of the MacBook has to be individually created for each market. There are numerous keys on the UK keyboard which are different shapes and in different positions to the US version, so it could take some time for the computers to show up in stores.

I'd be very surprised if they were there tomorrow.

8. Wiredrawn macrumors regular

Oh yeah, didn't think of that. :eek: