Can I walk into an Apple Store and buy an iPhone full-price?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jason2811, Oct 12, 2012.

1. jason2811 macrumors 6502a

I have a Verizon contract that ends in a year. I want to keep my Unlimited Data so I have t buy an iPhone full-price. Can I walk into an Apple Store and buy an iPhone full-price? Can I buy it from the Apple site full price? I was under the impression that I could but someone in another thread said that they make you sign a new 2yr contract..

2. BFizzzle macrumors 68020

BFizzzle

i recall someone on verizon saying they reserved one online. it wouldnt allow them to reserve it off contract.. so when they got to the store. had the rep cancel it, then re-ring it up as off contract.

3. VandyChem2009 macrumors 6502a

VandyChem2009

Call the apple store you will be going to first. I know that in Houston the Galleria Apple Store won't let you do this.

4. tucker3434 macrumors regular

From what I've read, it's fine if you want to pay full price. They just need a current account to tie it to. The issue is getting an unlocked phone.

5. imazu macrumors regular

You can order it online and it will show that you're not eligible for discount and will show full retail price instead. If the item is in stock at Apple Store you can purchase it and pick up in store. I have UDP that is still on contract and that's how I purchased mine.

As long as the store you go has them in stock you can just tell them you want it to buy full price and they will sell it to you.

6. koigirl macrumors 6502a

koigirl

Per my local store and Apple online store customer service, device-only iphones are available only after those reserved online under contract. I called customer service the other night after trying to place an order for full-price phone and was only getting a new contract option. Any leftovers or no-shows for reserved phones at stores are available for outright device-only, no-contract purchase the next day. Best bet per an Apple employee I spoke to at my local store is to arrive before they open at 10:00 AM each day and be first in store to see what's been released for open sale from the night before. I haven't decided if I'm willing to work that hard to get one!:D

7. evilrt macrumors regular

evilrt

i waited in front of the apple store on release day. bought 2 verizon iphone 5 full price no account info and no questions asked. went home and called verizon to have them activated.