Can I Wipe the Mic Area of iPad with Damp Cloth ?

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by vish26, Oct 22, 2012.

1. vish26 macrumors regular

Hi Guys,

I have a New iPad Wi-Fi+Cellular I wanted to know if I wipe the Back Area of the iPad the Black Strip area with a Damp Cloth just where the Mic is situated on the back of the iPad? Will it let inside any Moisture ? is it ok to do that ? Apple says to Clean the iPad with a Damp Cloth

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT3226#ipads

But at the same time Apple also says please do not let any moisture go inside from any of the opening in your device. Will doing this let any moisture inside ? Can I wipe it ? It is gonna be just a damp cloth with all water squeezed out and is just marginally moist to be called wet. But certainly no water dripping ?

Please check the Pictures on what I mean...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks !

2. HazyCloud macrumors 68030

HazyCloud

Yes, you can wipe both areas. Just make sure that the cloth won't drip if you squeeze on it. If so, it'll drip in the hole when applying pressure.

3. vish26 thread starter macrumors regular

No I am certainly not talking about squeezing water on Top of the iPad lol ! I am saying just a damp cloth with all water squeezed out of it and then using that just damp cloth on the area I wanna wipe as shown in the picture.

Will doing that leave any moisture inside that opening in the Mic Area is the crucial question I wanna ask ?

4. HazyCloud macrumors 68030

HazyCloud

No, it shouldn't. Are you having mic issues? Why do you want to clean it out? I've never cleaned my iPad's mic since I purchased it on launch day.

5. vish26 thread starter macrumors regular

There are a lot of Finger Prints and Marks that have accumulated there....

6. Breaking Good macrumors 6502a

I don't know whether you live in the United States or another country. However, I know that my local Walmart sells Zeiss Lens Cleaning Wipes at a very reasonable price.

If you can get to a Walmart easily, I would start with those. I use them on my screen without any problem.