can i wirelessly print to my printer with wifi?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by aliensarecool, Aug 18, 2012.

1. aliensarecool macrumors 6502a

aliensarecool

2. batting1000 macrumors 604

I think AirPrint is only supported on the newer HP printers. Not sure about Kodak.

3. 3bs macrumors 603

3bs

I do this using a crappy HP printer/scanner connected to my Time Capsule

4. mattyb240 macrumors 6502a

You can if you have a mac and leave it connected. Theres a plugin you can use and it's free, I just cant remember the name of it.

5. chokem macrumors 6502

I bought an HP Photosmart 5510 at Staples for $99. I have it synced with my iPad and 4s and it works flawlessly. I can even print via email to it. I have not tried to print with another printer though.

6. takeshi74 macrumors 601

Without looking at the AirPrint compatibility list, Kodak is a brand. They make many different models. You need to be specific about the model.

Better yet, hit the Apple page on Airprint:
    http://support.apple.com/kb/ht4356

Looking at the list, Kodak isn't even on it.

Alternate solutions have been discussed in many prior threads. Your options boil down to:
    1. Get an AirPrint compatible printer.
    2. Use AirPrint activator or a similar solution that runs on a Mac or PC and requires that you always have that machine up and running.
    3. Use an AirPrint app. Keep in mind that with this approach, each IOS device has to have its own copy of the app.
    4. Use an AirPrint print server like the Lantronix xPrintServer.

7. tennisproha macrumors 6502a

I don't mean to hi-jack the thread but I have a similar concern so maybe there is a solution that works for me and the OP.

I have a Canon i250 printer. I also have a wireless network via router that has my printer, PC, and iPhone connected to it. My iPhone however does not pick up the printer. I know AirPlay is a proprietary technology but I was hoping my phone would automatically pick up the printer since they are on the same network... Any suggestions? Do I need to start my own thread lol?

Thanks and OP, do you have a similar setup?

8. JerseyDoug macrumors regular

I use Printopia. Just have to keep my MacBook Pro open. My printers are connected to my Airport via USB hub.

I think it is 19.95, cheaper than a new AirPrint printer. I print to an hp laser jet and an Epson 2400. No problems.

9. lowbelly macrumors member

Some brands have apps that let you print without AirPrint. Not sure about Kodak. Go check?