Can iOS 13 work with Apple Watch s0?

Discussion in 'iOS 13' started by zhaoxin, Jun 5, 2019.

1. zhaoxin macrumors 6502

I have an Apple Watch s0 which runs on watchOS 4.x. Can it be used together with iOS 13?

2. Mikey44 macrumors regular

Mikey44

I don’t see any technical reason that it wouldn’t. It should work just fine.

3. zhaoxin thread starter macrumors 6502

I want to make it sure. Apple has a history of not saying the dark sides.

4. Shirasaki macrumors G3

Shirasaki

So does EVERY OTHER company.
    But for compatibility standpoint, watchOS 4 should be supported with iOS 13 but few can tell at this point.

5. hovscorpion12 macrumors 65816

hovscorpion12

WatchOS 6 is not supported on Apple Watch Series 0. Apple ended support last year with WatchOS 5. The Apple Watch Series 1 - Series 4 are fully supported by Apple’s latest OS.

6. gwhizkids macrumors 601

gwhizkids

That's correct...but not what the OP was asking. They want to know if a Series 0 Watch, which is forever stuck on WatchOS 4, will run paired with a phone running iOS 13.

7. macrlz9 macrumors 6502

macrlz9

It won't be a problem, compatibility issues happen the other way around. If you had a newer watch but older iOS for example. Or if you tried to sync an iPhone running iOS 12 with a Mac running Yosemite. Stuff like that.

8. hovscorpion12 macrumors 65816

hovscorpion12

Oh. Sorry. Ha. I believe so yes. I don’t have access to the beta, but the watch connects via Bluetooth. I don’t see any issues as to why it won’t work.

9. zhaoxin thread starter macrumors 6502

I have installed iOS 13 beta 2 and here is the good news and bad news.

Good news:
    Apple Watch s0 could pair with iOS 13 beta 2.

Bad news:
    Apple Watch s0 no longer interoperate with Reminder after you upgrade it to iOS 13 format. You can get Reminder notification, but it is just an alert window. You no longer can choose actions like finish and delays.

10. Shirasaki macrumors G3

Shirasaki

That bad news work for all macOS prior to Catalina and all iOS version prior to iOS 12 as well. Don’t upgrade to newer reminder feature unless a good amount of your key device can be upgraded.

11. zhaoxin thread starter macrumors 6502

The sad thing is that the upgrade process alerted me that I have other iOS devices and Macs need to upgrades to the latest version, but it didn't mention that watchOS is not compatible. All of them are connected to the same iCloud account. Apple shouldn't miss that.

Also, from a developers point of view, the action buttons of the notification on the Apple Watch side are delivered from the counterpart on iOS, so the missed action buttons are intended instead of incompatibility.