can iphone receiver be blown?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bhigh8, Oct 23, 2013.

1. bhigh8 macrumors 6502

I just got a replacement iphone 5 and everything is working great but when i call someone or get a call they sound like something is blown. i dont now what the part is called but the part that you hold to your ear. even when i call someone and i hear their phone ringing in my ear its very distorted. I am assuming it can be blown but not sure.

any idea if there is a way to fix this? its annoying to hear people through it.

2. scotrinaf macrumors 6502

I had something similar, turned out the the microphone in my wife's phone needed to be replaced... Sounds like the speaker assembly on yours may be blown, not hard to replace if you are mechanically inclined...

3. bhigh8 thread starter macrumors 6502

its under warranty and i am not trying to fix this thing. i didnt notice it when i first got it about a week ago. so maybe it will fix itself. i dont want to swap. this thing seems to be good otherwise. last one had wifi issues and this one is good there.

4. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

5. bhigh8 thread starter macrumors 6502

Ha yes. I guess I will call for another replacement. Something is definitely wrong. Sounds very distorted.

6. Delorean2006 macrumors 6502a

yes just go to the store if you're under warranty and they'll replace the phone, I've had the same thing happen and they replaced it right away