Can iPhone users test my website

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by James Godfrey, Mar 12, 2013.

1. James Godfrey macrumors regular

Oct 13, 2011
    Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone who has got a second spare could test my website on your iPhone (3GS/4/4S/5) or iPad (any generation) and see if the videos play well over wifi and or 3G?

The website is

If you could let me know your phone model, 3g or wifi and if it played well or not.

That would be fantastic, had a few problems with the videos playing over wifi this end on an iPhone 5 (played better over 3G), but same videos played well on iPhone 4 on same wifi network, just trying to determine if its an iPhone 5 issue.

2. ThatsMeRight macrumors 68020

Sep 12, 2009
    I don't generally like these kind of advertisements, but since it appears to be some sort of fan site and not really something commercial I'll give it a shot.

- iPad 3rd gen over Wi-Fi
    It took a few moments before the 'play button' showed up, but when it showed up videos payed flawlessly.

- iPhone 5 (Wi-Fi and 3G)
    Similar experience as on iPad 3. Your issue seems to be the time it takes before a play button shows up.

So, in conclusion: play button takes too long to show up, but after it shows up video playback works flawlessly.
  3. sulpfiction macrumors 68030

Aug 16, 2011
    Philadelphia Area
  4. James Godfrey thread starter macrumors regular

Oct 13, 2011
    That's brill thanks for this we only do events for charity, just use it to promote the shows etc...

I'm just finding on mine and my partners iphone 5 it seems that the videos just stop loading after around 15-25 seconds and struggle a lot over wifi afterwards.

YouTube however plays great.

Thanks again

5. dannyo92 macrumors newbie

Jun 6, 2012
    I'm having the same issues as you over Wi-Fi with an iPhone 4S. One of your videos stopped playing after 20 seconds then struggled to play afterwards.
  6. James Godfrey thread starter macrumors regular

Oct 13, 2011

Looks as though its an issue with video player over wifi, might have to revert to you tube videos maybe :-/
  7. darricksailo macrumors 601

Dec 18, 2012
    Doesn't seem to have any problems for me. iPhone 5 on iOS 6.1.2

edit: only tested with wifi