Can iPhone5 purchased online thru Verizon be returned to an Apple Store?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Scottyee, Sep 13, 2012.

1. Scottyee macrumors regular

I qualify for a phone upgrade with Verizon, and of which includes a $30 loyalty credit towards the new phone.
    I was advised by Verizon that I'll only receive the $30 credit if I order the phone from Verizon.

If order an iPhone 5 online from Verizon, will I be able to take it to an Apple Store for service (Genius Bar) or refund if desired?
    What's Verizon's vs Apple's return policy (number of days) ?

Other than forfeiting the $30 credit offered by Verizon, Is there any advantage of purchasing the iPhone5 from Apple vs Verizon?

Thanks.

2. mohsy90 macrumors 65816

mohsy90

You can take it for service but if you want to return it, that will need to be done at a verizon store or over the phone.

Apple and Verizon both have a 14 day return policy.

3. chris2k5 macrumors 6502a

Keep in mind that if you buy it online at VERIZON and you want to return it at a Verizon Store in person, they charge a restocking fee. The restocking fee still applies even if the iPhone 5 is still brand new in the box with the plastic shrink wrap.

They pulled this BS on me when I used some upgrades on the iPhone 4S and Droid RAZR Maxx.

All of the phones were in plastic wrap and never opened and they wanted to charge $35 PER phone.

4. Scottyee thread starter macrumors regular

Wow, that sucks :eek:, especially if it was in the original factory sealed plastic wrapper.
    What's Apple's 14 day return policy in this regard? Does Apple charge a restocking fee for both opened and unopened retuned phones?

5. dave006 macrumors 68020

Apple has a 30 return policy but the stated policy is that you have to return the device to the same place your ordered.

Online orders from Apple.com go back to Apple.com and it takes a few days to clear.

Dave

6. chris2k5 macrumors 6502a

Yes, I tried returning them by shipping them back as well and Verizon tried to charge me $35 per phone as well saying it was a new policy they have in place.

ALL returns are $35 restocking fee no matter what.

That is why I am never ordering from Verizon again. Spent hours on the phone getting an override.