Can iPhoto display the picture settings of a Canon T2i?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Mikebike125, Jun 11, 2011.

1. Mikebike125 macrumors 6502

Mikebike125

I have just purchased a Cannon T2i camera and cannot figure out how to get iPhoto to display the settings that the camera took the pictures with. I have seen that some programs (on windows machines) that will show you all the camera settings, camera type, aperture, exposure, flash on or off, ISO, etc.

Is there any way to get iPhoto to show these settings?

2. Tumbleweed666 macrumors 68000

3. Mikebike125 thread starter macrumors 6502

Mikebike125

That does show the camera and it has an area that says "EXPOSURE", but there is no information under it...

It seems like that is on the right track but the information still isn't showing up.

4. John T macrumors 68020

John T

No, afraid iPhoto does not show complete EXIF data. Applications such as Aperture do show this info but if you're just after the EXIF give EXIF Viewer a try. Providing the data is available, it shows all EXIF and is free! :)

5. Tumbleweed666, Jun 12, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2011

Tumbleweed666 macrumors 68000

Click on the very inconspicuous light grey triangle to the left of the word "EXPOSURE".

That's worked on a variety of cameras I have pictures from, I don't have any from a T2i though so cant verify that. FWIW once you have selected this, you can then click on other photos and the info in the extended info window changes to match.

Attached Files:

6. John T macrumors 68020

John T

Thanks for pointing this out! In all these years I haven't spotted this :eek:. There again, I rarely use iPhoto.

7. Mikebike125 thread starter macrumors 6502

Mikebike125

That is EXACTLY what I wanted. Why does Apple make the triangle so light you can barely see it??? Such a good feature right under my nose but I never even saw it.

THANK YOU!!!