Can iTunes sort my TV Show Seasons so I only sync 1 season

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by jeffmorr, Sep 11, 2008.

1. jeffmorr macrumors member

I need help, i have a 8 gig ipod touch and i don't have enough memory for all the seasons of the office, can anyone tell me how to only synchronize 1 season at a time

Help

2. jeffmorr thread starter macrumors member

3. blauvs macrumors newbie

Here's your answer...

This has been frustrating me too. Apple really should build this functionality into iTunes in a better way than it already is.

The first thing you can do is to select all episodes from a certain season, and change the "Show" label from say "The Office" to "The Office - Season 5" and then it will show up in your TV Shows syncing options. But this is messy. If it is a current season, every time the new episode downloads you'll have to change the "Show" meta data for that episode.

Here is a better way that I just found... Create a smart playlist with two conditions: First would be "Show" is "The Office" and second is "Season" is "5." Then in your syncing settings change from syncing 1 most recent episode of a "Season" to 1 most recent episode of a "Playlist" and select your playlists. Now all you have to do is change the one condition for the current season # in your smart playlist once a year and you'll have the newest stuff.

Whew. Hope this helps. I found this info here:

http://www.sarahintampa.com/sarah/2007/11/10/sync-only-one-s.html