Can MacBook use AT&T wifi for free, if I have AT&T iPhone.

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by MacWinRon, Mar 11, 2009.

1. MacWinRon macrumors newbie

iPhone with AT&T cellular service can use AT&T wifi for free by request a link in text message.

can anyone tell me how to use macbook laptop access internet at AT&T wifi location? I have iPhone with AT&T service.

I tried to type that link in text message on macbook safari letter by letter, it did not work.
    I also change safari user-agent to "iphone mobile safari" and tried to access "attwifi" but i get different screen, it ask for user name and password not just the phone number it ask on iphone.

Any suggestion will be appreciated,
    Thanks in advance.

2. DPA macrumors 65816

DPA

The website is recognizing you are on an computer and not an iPhone so it takes you to the desktop version of the website which requires you to have a username and password.

David

3. MacWinRon thread starter macrumors newbie

even with safari user-agent changed to "iphone mobile safari"?

even with safari user-agent changed to "iphone mobile safari"?

4. tylertech macrumors regular

It used to work like that but now they changed it so that you have to get a verification text, so i'm not sure how it would work.

5. MacWinRon thread starter macrumors newbie

OK, it's not work anymore.
    Thanks for answer my question.

6. pilotkid macrumors 6502a

Go get a Starbucks reloadable gift card. Register it online, KEEP a balance of $5 or more on the card at all times and use it once a month. There, you now have two hours of FREE wifi at any AT&T wifi location, it doesnt matter if your at a Starbucks or not. Problem Solved:D

***EDIT: Get a (RED) gift card and 5% of each purcahse is donated to the Project (RED) foundation. If you dont know what that is, here it is...
    http://tinyurl.com/6ze9l3

Register your sbux card online:
    http://tinyurl.com/bp89tw***
    My work here is done, Good Night!;)

7. Miker2k macrumors regular

Or, if you drink alot of starbucks a gold card will get you 10% every starbucks purchase and get you 2 hours of free wifi.

Starbucks Gold

8. pilotkid macrumors 6502a

Your right, I don't know how I forgot the gold card! There is a one time $25 activation fee though, but like the post above me said, if you drink slot of Sbux the card will end up paying for itself with the savings you get from the card.

9. DPA macrumors 65816

DPA

It doesn't work anymore even if you enter the verification code from the text message in. The website recognizes what kind of device you are on. Similar to how you get directed to a mobile version of a site sometimes if you are on your iPhone.

David