can magic mouse and keyboard that comes with imac be used on other macs?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by tkboss88, Feb 9, 2010.

1. tkboss88 macrumors member

stupid question i know, but i don't really like the magic mouse and the wireless keyboard that comes with the imacs. i want to sell it on craigslist or something but i want to make sure it works for the person buying it before i actually sell it to them. and if it does, what is a good price point?

thanks guys =D

2. Sipheren macrumors regular

Sipheren

3. gr8tfly macrumors 603

gr8tfly

From the Apple Store:

Keyboard:
    Magic Mouse:
    As for price, check eBay. I would guess they'll go for less than the retail boxed versions, though.

4. wildbill macrumors newbie

I have a question that is semi-related. I purchased a magic mouse for my iMac. The iMac died, and I have ordered a new iMac which comes with a magic mouse. I also have a Macbook, which I would like to use the extra magic mouse with after my new iMac arrives. Will I be able to use the two magic mouses (mice?) in very close proximity to each other (less than 3 feet)? I didn't know if you pair the mouse to a specific machine if they will interfere with each other.

5. MMM.PWR macrumors 6502

MMM.PWR

Bill: yes, you will be able to use both mice. I have two computers on my desk and they each have their own Magic Mouse. You can't pair the same MM to more than one computer.

6. tkboss88 thread starter macrumors member

7. tivoboy macrumors 68030

can't get it to work

with 10.6.1, any thoughts?