can my superdrive handle this....

g30ffr3y

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 18, 2002
buffalo ny
hey guys... ive been loading my cd collection into my new gig powerbook... its probably 400 cds or so... i did 100 within two days... but now im a little afraid to go further that im burning out my drive... can this drive handle this "abuse" or am i just being paranoid... i dont want to have to use applecare within a month of my purchase... thanks...

gig powerbook gig ram
933 powermac 768 ram

rainman::|:|

macrumors 603
Feb 2, 2002
iowa
There's no reason it should have any problem. Sure you're putting a lot of wear on the drive, but that's not going to ruin it anytime soon... Macs are built to handle this kind of thing.

And if you *are* going to burn out the drive, you should definitely do it while on applecare ;)

pnw

medea

macrumors 68030
Aug 4, 2002
Madison, Wi
Yeah paulwhannel is right on this one, if the superdrives weren't meant to be used then whats the point in having one eh?:D Have fun, and if something happens the Applecare will take care of it for you.

g30ffr3y

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 18, 2002
buffalo ny
thanks guys... thats what i figured... a 3000 computer should be able to import a couple hundred cd's... i just didnt want to do any damage...

iJon

macrumors 604
Feb 7, 2002
Originally posted by g30ffr3y
thanks guys... thats what i figured... a 3000 computer should be able to import a couple hundred cd's... i just didnt want to do any damage...
get applecare my friend and a nice case.i had this doctor come in, he acidently hit his tibook of his work table and hit the ground. thing was so f***ed up, iwas so sad, almost a tear. instead of fixing it i ended up just selling him a brand new one. moral of this story is to buy applecare and a case, and put rubber grips on your tibook if you like to fling your hands around your desk.

iJon

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.