Can not activate

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by hans042779, Jul 1, 2013.

1. hans042779 macrumors newbie

I have a 3gs that I just had unlocked through At&t apple confirmed it that it is unlocked but I cannot get passed the activation screen. I have read on line that because it was jailbroke before that it can never be officially unlocked now. This makes no sense to me because I have been on the phone with multiple apple reps and none of them told me that. I told them that it had been jailbroke and they never said that but could not fix it. So now I am playing a waiting game for them to call me back. Can anyone give me on some insight on how to fix this. I don not want to jailbreak it. I want to unlock it the right way so it can be updated. Thanks

2. PsstGreek macrumors 68040

PsstGreek

Guessing you're trying to use it on T-Mobile? Put your iPhone in DFU mode, restore, then activate it with an AT&T sim or T-Mobile sim.

Just because it's jailbroken or it has been, doesn't mean anything.

3. darricksailo macrumors 601

darricksailo

Jailbreaking doesn't affect whether you can unlock the device or not

Does the baseband happen to be 6.15.00?

4. hans042779 thread starter macrumors newbie

I can get into the phone to see the broad band. That's what I thought about jail breaking but that's what I have been told on a apple forum. No not tmobile it is called my simple mobile. The phone was unlocked through a local store by jail breaking it. And the sim worked.

5. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

On the first post you said the unlock is from AT&T.

But here you said the unlock is through jailbreak. Which is it?

6. darricksailo macrumors 601

darricksailo

You can use a program like redsn0w to look at the baseband version

And as said above, you are contradicting yourself about how you are unlocking the phone

7. hans042779 thread starter macrumors newbie

It was unlocked throug a jailbreak but I called AT&T and had them unlock it.

----------

And I tried to restore it and have it unlocked factory. So it can be updated.

8. hans042779 thread starter macrumors newbie

I talked to apple last night they said since it was jail broke the phone is broke and is useless. I got it working off iOS 4 but nothing works. It there a way to reverse this so it can be officially unlocked? Which it is in there computer there server won't recognize it. Or put its on a black list

9. PsstGreek macrumors 68040

PsstGreek

What? Have you restored your iPhone? Just because it's jailbroken doesn't mean anything is wrong with it. Apple just said that because they don't accept jailbreaking.

Put your iPhone in DFU mode like I mentioned, restore to the latest firmware. Activate your iPhone with a T-Mobile or AT&T sim.

From who did you get your iPhone factory unlocked from?

10. hans042779 thread starter macrumors newbie

11. PsstGreek macrumors 68040

PsstGreek

You should have mentioned that before. You need to remove the iPad baseband so the factory unlock can work. After that's done. Restore your iPhone.

Use redsn0w to remove the baseband and downgrade it back to 5.13.xx

12. hans042779 thread starter macrumors newbie

Ok thanks man. Reason I didn't before because I couldn't get past the activate screen but I unlocked it by jail breaking it again and I figured out that it had that baseband in it. But thank you for all ur help

13. anaqvi786 macrumors regular

For future reference for anyone in this situation, jailbreak the phone and delete setup.app