Can Not Display External Monitor under Bootcamp Windows XP

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by msimsi, May 11, 2010.

1. msimsi macrumors newbie

Hi everyone,

I have got my new uMBP i7. It is gorgeous, super happy with it :). Because I need to run several programs under Windows XP, I have installed Windows XP under Bootcamp. I used Winclone to migrate bootcamp partition from my old MBP to the i7.

My problem is that when I linked my external monitor (20 inch ViewSonic) to uMBP using the Minidisplay-to-DIV adaptor from Apple, there is no display on my external monitor. I can set the external monitor as extension of main monitor under "Setting", but after the windows Ding/Done sound, there is nothing on my external monitor. Does anyone have experiences about fixing this problem?

The external monitor works in the Mac OS.

Thanks for any help.

2. thehooz macrumors newbie

I have the exact same problem. The option to make the external monitor the primary display is disabled. Think this is a video card thing?

3. 1nteresting macrumors member

1nteresting

I know this is a super old thread, but this problem really needs to be resolved, it is such a pain! I deal with it all the time.

4. Pietro.de.Souza macrumors newbie

Hi everyone,
    I have installed Windows XP under Bootcamp.

My problem is that when I linked my external monitor (20 inch ViewSonic) to DIV adaptor from Apple, there is no display on my external monitor. I can set the external monitor as extension of main monitor under "Setting", but after the windows Ding/Done sound, there is nothing on my external monitor. Does anyone have experiences about fixing this problem?

The external monitor works in the Mac OS.

Thanks for any help.