Can NOT get rid of music on iTunes??!

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by eroxx, Feb 9, 2014.

1. eroxx macrumors 6502a

Hi ... I have my computer set to sync NO music. I have iTunes Match turned off and store downloads also off. Yet, every time I sync I get the same damn three songs on iPhone. What's bizarre is that in iTunes under "on my iPhone" 7 songs are in black but they're great out, as if they're met to be on phone but not downloaded... Can anyone help?!

2. antiprotest macrumors 65816

antiprotest

Have you tried settings, music, turn off show all music?

3. canyptian macrumors newbie

RE: Can NOT get rid of music on iTunes??!

I do sync my music and also had songs syncing even though I didn't want them. What I found out was that songs I had purchased on my iPhone would default to being selected to sync on the albums view. What I would try, assuming the songs you are frustrated over are ones you may have purchased (free songs or songs of the week) but dont want, is the following.

1. Select sync music. This will give you the ability to see if anything if set to sync by default by genre, artist, album etc.
    2. Choose "Selected playlists, artists, albums, genres".
    3. Go to album section and ensure nothing is selected. Scroll all the way through. This is where I found songs that I purchased as set to sync just because I "bought" them on my iPhone
    4. Make sure nothing else is selected to sync.
    5. Sync. This is just to remove the music from your phone.
    6. Unselect "sync music"
    7. Sync phone

This is my theory. If you've not purchased music on your phone probably not worth trying