Can not import photos from a iPhone 3G to the iPad after updating to IOS4

Discussion in 'iPad' started by infosprt, Jun 29, 2010.

1. infosprt macrumors regular

There seems to be a problem importing pictures into the iPad via the camera connection kit from a iPhone 3G. The problem appeared after the iPhone 3G was updated to iOS4. I don't know if the 3GS or 4 has the same problem.

Does anyone know of a solution to this problem?

I like the photo catalogueing capabilities of the iPad and the photo geotagging capability of the iPhone. iOS4 provides the geotag data from the iPhone which I don't think was externally present before. But to get the picture onto the iPad just got a whole lot more difficult now that you can't connect directly to the older 3G iPhone.

2. panZ macrumors newbie

iPhone 3G update to IOS 4 and iPhone 4 restored from my old 3G

I'm having the same problem. Neither of my phones will import photos now.
    iPhoto says: "The following file could not be imported. (The file is in an unrecognized format.)" Then it lists every JPG file in the Phone's photo library. Image Capture, not surprisingly, can't import either. The other oddity I've noticed is since getting the iPhone 4 and importing all of my 3G settings, I renamed my old iPhone 3G in iTunes with the name my "[my name] old iPhone" so I could distinguish between the two sets of backups for two phones now. The iPhone 4 is simply named "[my name] iPhone". When I doc the new iPhone 4, iTunes shows the name properly but when I open iPhoto or image capture, it says it is named "[my name] old iPhone". Anyone else have this problem? I really need to get my photos. Thanks!

3. b.c. macrumors 6502

for your reference, it works fine for me with iPhone 3GS updated to iOS 4.0

I've used this feature before, and I just reconfirmed it now with my iPhone 3GS (iOS 4.0) connected to my iPad (iOS 3.2) with USB cable and Camera Connection Kit

4. TangoDown macrumors regular

Sorry to dig up an old thread. My attempt to search rather than re-post.
    You mean you used to be able to import from the 3G to the iPad via the camera connection kit?
    As far as I was aware the 3G isn't supported - but would like to hear if it is at all possible..?