Can one update credit card info for ApplePay or should I start over?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by wlow3, May 11, 2015.

1. wlow3 macrumors regular

I entered a credit card into the Apple Watch app to get ApplePay a week ago (iPhone 5s, Apple Watch). My credit card issuer is now changing over to the chip style credit card and they sent me a new card with the same account number but a different expiration date and a different back-of-the-card 3 number security code.

I can't see a way to edit that information in the app.

Can I edit it, or should I just delete the card and re-enter it with the updated info?

2. nathanalf macrumors regular

nathanalf

It may still work (I've seen reports of some banks sending out new cards and the information updating in passbook automatically) but if you want to be 100% certain deleting it and re-adding it won't do any harm!

3. jonfarr macrumors 6502a

jonfarr

I'm not too sure but if its the same card number then you should be fine. Worst case you will have to remove the old one and then add the new.

4. ZebraDude macrumors 6502a

ZebraDude

Activate the new card then call apple 1-800-my apple talk to sales and they will update your order with the new number.

I did this on Saturday for the same reason!

:eek::)

5. BrettDS macrumors 6502a

This is one of the benefits of applepay. You can't edit the card info because you don't have to. It will be automatically updated by your bank and it will just keep working.