Can only wear watch some of day - tips pls

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by MrMister111, Aug 15, 2015.

1. MrMister111 macrumors 68000

Because of work I can only, on the days I'm at work, wear it after work. Now this means it's not tracking the activity, heartrate etc.

Is there anything I can do to help, I carry my iPhone 6 still, will this track and sync back when I put the watch back on?

Anyone else in the similar position where you can only where it some of the day? What do you do.

Thanks

2. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

Are you unable to wear it for safety reasons or are you simply afraid of damaging it due to the nature of the work you do?

3. MrMister111 thread starter macrumors 68000

Bit of both tbh, it will get hit, scratched, really dirty in my work. IPhone goes in a case and sock for protection

4. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

5. scirica macrumors 68020

scirica

Exactly. Take the band off and put it in your pocket!

6. MrMister111 thread starter macrumors 68000

To much hassle, don't want to do that either tbh

7. BarracksSi macrumors 68040

BarracksSi

8. scirica macrumors 68020

scirica

9. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

There was a Kickstarter for a neoprene band to put your watch up where you'd wear the running band for an iPhone but I can't find it now. That would keep it out the way and allow all the tracking to still function.

10. Itsedstech macrumors 6502a

11. exxxviii macrumors 65816

exxxviii

The watch is an island today. Maybe wait until OS2 or OS3 when the watch' activity app can get data from the phone's motion chip.

12. Gregintosh macrumors 68000

If its the stainless steel then you can rest assured your screen won't scratch (unless you work with diamonds). And the casing will buff out easily with a little metal polish so it can look like new again whenever you want. AppleCare+ could take care of any catastrophic damage.

If the only concern is the data, I do believe it all gets merged with what your phone does too (or at least it will in a future update).

13. gemnilocs macrumors 6502

gemnilocs

I work in the OR as a surgical tech in open heart surgeries...I place mine on my badge lanyard and when I get lunch I put the watch on...I work 10 hr shifts so I don't get to wear it on the wrist most of the day.

14. Tom G. macrumors 68000

Tom G.

Catalyst makes a waterproof case for the :Apple: Watch. I would think this should solve your problem. See "Boy Genius Report" for details.

Carrying it in your pocket or in a sock will not work as it will not track your activity data unless you occasionally take it out and put it on.