Can premium resellers repair your mac if you have applecare?

FatGuy007

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 8, 2012
New York
Hi all, I am planning to get my mac next week and going overseas. The country has a premium reseller and lets say if it has ghosting, burn-ins, screen tearing, would it be possible to give it to them to repair. it will be a drag to send it to America, than repairing it, and sending it back, the sending itself can take upto a week.

SlyMac

macrumors 6502
Jun 16, 2008
Hi all, I am planning to get my mac next week and going overseas. The country has a premium reseller and lets say if it has ghosting, burn-ins, screen tearing, would it be possible to give it to them to repair. it will be a drag to send it to America, than repairing it, and sending it back, the sending itself can take upto a week.
Like another said, it needs to be authorized to repair.

junebug1

macrumors regular
Jan 24, 2007
NE Ohio
Simple solution. Contact the Reseller before you leave and ask. I don't have an Apple Store near me but I do have an Authorized Repair shop and my AppleCare has always been honored without any questions.

Krazy Bill

macrumors 68030
Dec 21, 2011
And just for the record... an Apple "Authorized Repair Center" does not have to be a store front.

I live in rural Asswipe America and my authorized guy lives down the street and works out of his house. Does a great job btw. His main source of income is goat-milking I think.