Can radioshack sell full price phone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by phrygianmode, Sep 30, 2012.

1. phrygianmode macrumors newbie

I have a few RS's in stock near me but they are telling me they can't sell me a non-subsidized iP5. Is this true? Anyone else get one from them for full price?

2. Coleman2010 macrumors 68000

Radioshack told me the same thing. They are not selling full price. They are only selling with a contract.

Target, Walmart, BestBuy, Apple Store, AT&T and Verizon you can buy full price without contract. I'm not sure about Sprint, I haven't checked.

3. JayMosEnvied macrumors member

JayMosEnvied

Not true. You can buy any phone at full price. I'm sure they don't want to sell you one because they want the commission. They don't get it unless the customer signs up for a two year contract. I would contact the DM or call corporate.

4. boxermansr macrumors 6502

boxermansr

They can sell at full price, but keep in mind, their prices are 50.00 more than everyone else. I was able to get my wife's 16GB @ RadioShack (they had one left when I called). They told me it'd be "like 650.00" when I called, since I told them I wasn't eligible for an upgrade, nor did I want to give up my unlimited data. When they rang it up, it rang as 699.99. I didn't bother arguing about it at the time, but since I've been interacting with their ultra horrible customer service, to see about getting that extra 50.00 back, since they claim they'll price match -- but they want an AD showing the 649.99 price, and the place that has it in their ad must have the item in stock too, which is near impossible to begin with.

5. Coleman2010 macrumors 68000

I called about 10 different stores in the NYC area and they all told me the same thing. They told me the full retail price then said "but we are not selling it without a contract."

6. phrygianmode thread starter macrumors newbie

no wonder they are the only place with any stock.

7. boxermansr macrumors 6502

boxermansr

I'm guessing it's hit or miss. I think I just got lucky when I called, and half the Radio Shack's around here don't seem to get much business anyhow, so I imagine they were more than willing to sell it. I didn't even ask them how many they had initially, or if they had any pre-orders, etc. I just know when I called to see if they had any, they said they had one, so I went to get it. :confused: