Can Sleeping on Phone Lead to Cracking?

theturtle

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 3, 2009
Weird question i know. But could sleeping on top of your unprotected with no case/protector iphone 5 (rolling over and the phone ending up under your body or the phone ending up under your head beneath the pillow) result in a cracked screen? Is there any consequences, IE the structure of the screen weakening? (excluding radiation going to your head haha)

Southernboyj

macrumors 68000
Mar 8, 2012
Mobile, AL
Weird question i know. But could sleeping on top of your unprotected with no case/protector iphone 5 (rolling over and the phone ending up under your body or the phone ending up under your head beneath the pillow) result in a cracked screen? Is there any consequences, IE the structure of the screen weakening? (excluding radiation going to your head haha)
Depends.. do you look like a toothpick or a snorlax?

Comment

mattopotamus

macrumors G5
Jun 12, 2012
I would say you are more likely to knock if off your bed and have it crack (hardwood floor or night stand) than to have it crack from rolling over on it. A bed is going to give.

Comment

AJAAY

macrumors 6502
Sep 29, 2012
Unless your bed is rock hard, I don't think it should be problem.

Comment

monkey28rb

macrumors 6502
Jun 19, 2010
I cannot believe the questions asked on this forum.... But to answer your question, I would think it is possible, but unlikely.

Comment

Leonard1818

macrumors 68020
Nov 15, 2011
I sometimes listen to music when I fall asleep... mine is in a case but I'll wake up on top of it sometimes... seems OK.

Comment

Interstella5555

macrumors 603
Jun 30, 2008
I cannot believe the questions asked on this forum.... But to answer your question, I would think it is possible, but unlikely.
Right? This is....up there, even for this place. There are 4 things in my room capable of playing video while I'm in bed, my phone is the last one I'd opt for.

Comment

Furifo

macrumors 6502
Jun 1, 2010
I once fell asleep with it on my bed and woke up with me completely rolled over onto it with my abdomen. I weigh around 150lbs. Unsurprisingly, I didn't manage to crush/crack it.

Weirdly, my phone was showing no service when I woke up and found it underneath me....

..... ANTENNA GATE?!?!??!!!?? ;)

Comment

HowardSmith

macrumors 6502a
Sep 13, 2012
I once fell asleep with it on my bed and woke up with me completely rolled over onto it with my abdomen. I weigh around 150lbs. Unsurprisingly, I didn't manage to crush/crack it.

Weirdly, my phone was showing no service when I woke up and found it underneath me....

More like Abdomen Gate!

Comment

Givmeabrek

macrumors 68040
Apr 20, 2009
NY

I'd be more concerned of being sterilized or worse.... :eek:

Comment

Bahroo

macrumors 68000
Jul 21, 2012
no, according to one person, you can run over the phone with a fire truck and it will not take any damage so unless you weigh over 30 tons your ok

Comment

mcdj

macrumors G3
Jul 10, 2007
NYC
Do you truly believe that any answer you could get to this question would be any kind of guarantee that the phone would or wouldn't crack?

What is it about the iPhone that makes people utterly allergic to deciding the most basic things for themselves?

Comment

mjpearce023

macrumors 6502
Jul 10, 2012
What is it about the iPhone that makes people utterly allergic to deciding the most basic things for themselves?
Follow up question: If I'm talking to someone on my iPhone and I can't hear the other person should I turn the volume up? Maybe I need to add a poll for this one because one opinion would not satisfy me.

Here is the poll
1) turn the volume up
2) turn the volume down
3) don't touch the volume
4) mash your face into the phone to hear better
5) hang up and call police
6) ask a genius
7) throw iPhone on the ground
8) number 7 plus stomp repeatedly on the iPhone and post (can't hear-gate) to macrumors
9) Switch to android because you have a friend who knows someone that said their phone is always the right volume
10) return iPhone 5 and go back to using your iPhone 3G because they don't make em like they used to

Comment

Mrbobb

macrumors 601
Aug 27, 2012
If u hadta ask, u probly don't care, so go4rit. If broken, u got the perfect excuse for the next upgrade.

Same go for "Should I keep my phone in the pocket during a downpour."

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.