Can Software Update Fix Bluetooth Issue?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by polythene, Oct 1, 2012.

1. polythene macrumors newbie

My iPhone 5's Bluetooth will not pair with anything. As a matter of fact, when I switch BT on, it just goes into a neverending searching mode. No devices are ever found. I tried 2 resets, 2 restores via iTunes, etc.

I know there have been tons of Bluetooth issues with the iPhone 5. What I want to know is can an Apple software update fix this or is it a straight up hardware problem? I really don't want to have to send my phone for a replacement because the whole thing is a real hassle (not to mention there is no guarantee the replacement will work). Plus I'll have to pay extra money for the express option because I do not have a backup phone.

2. ICEMAN 316 macrumors member

I can pair my iPhone 5 with everything but it will not recognize my ipad (the new iPad) and my iPad will not recognize my iPhone 5. I still can't figure it out

3. ar93 macrumors member

yea i want to know if this problem will get fixed soon.. been trying to pair up my iphone 5 with my iphone 4 and no luck. it just stays in a never ending search mode.

4. Mliii, Oct 2, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2012

Mliii macrumors 65816

Mliii

iPhone to iPhone transfers of data from one iPhone to another via Bluetooth isn't possible and it's not likely that Apple will add this any time soon:(...
    Apple has limited the implementation of Bluetooth on the iPhone.

See this thread for more discussion about this issue:
    http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1290808

5. ggmissmolly macrumors regular

No problems with mine using BT. Have you contacted Apple?

6. ar93 macrumors member

hmmm thats interesting... i didnt know that. thanks for the heads up.

7. Mliii macrumors 65816

Mliii

Happy to help.
    This has always bothered me. My junky, old, dumb Motorola phones could transfer certain data through Bluetooth. Things like notes, address cards, photos, etc. Again, I'm not talking about music or videos here.
    Why an $800 smart phone isn't allowed to do that when there are no technological reasons preventing it is astounding to me...

8. mattopotamus macrumors G4

mattopotamus

so they can get you to use the cloud, and if you need more than 5gb of storage, charge you for it