Can Some Idetfy Where This Part Goes In The MBP 17"

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by musiqkid, Oct 6, 2009.

1. musiqkid macrumors newbie

Hi

My new bottom case has just arrived, and i wanted to remove everything from the old bottom case to the new bottom case, but as i go to the end of removing everything from the old case two small parts fell out, but i didn't see where they came from. Can someone HELP me identify where these parts go?
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

I think the black ones came out after i removed the fan and the silver one after i removed the display, i don't know.

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

hWhat 17" MBP do you have because I am pretty sure the silver part is a flux capacitor and should not be removed for any reason.

3. musiqkid thread starter macrumors newbie

I have a early 2008 model 2.6Ghz, that sliver thing came with a spring at the end. Thanks for a fast reply

4. shambo macrumors 6502a

shambo

I can only confirm what Jessica said. DO NOT SWITCH YOUR BAD BOY ON!!! :eek:

5. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

If it's not the flux capacitor then it could be the eject button thingy from the express card slot.

6. MasterDev macrumors 65816

The Doc is calling... He wants his invention back. :D

7. musiqkid thread starter macrumors newbie

It's not the express slot just checked plus its brand new and it came out of the old one. Do you think there crucial parts could i run my macbook pro fine without them?

8. musiqkid thread starter macrumors newbie

never mind ifixit tech support helped me out The Black pieces are screw guides, they slide onto the logic board, and the long screws that go into the bottom case go thru the holes

9. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

10. monokakata macrumors 68000

monokakata

Screw guides, he said. And that's what they look like to me.

He didn't say that the silver objects are screws, either -- he didn't say what they are.

11. musiqkid thread starter macrumors newbie

I don't know what the silver things are, it just had a spring at the end of it, and it looks like it had some pushing mechanism to it.

12. monokakata macrumors 68000

monokakata

Thinking about this today . . . check the hold-down/snap on guides for the memory modules. Could they have come loose?