Can somebody help with my ailing 2008 mac pro?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by newkeyboard, Dec 2, 2009.

1. newkeyboard macrumors regular

Hi everyone. My Mac pro is playing up and I was wondering if anyone can give me some advice. Suddenly my mac is slowing down to a stop and windows are breaking up all over the screen. This is happening with either application windows and finder windows. Is this a know problem? Are there any quick fixes I could try before taking it to apple (and them charging me lots of money)? I used to have an iMac and could 'zap the pram' this often solved problems but I have no idea what I can do with my Mac pro. Also does tis sound lke a graphics card problem or a hard drive thing?

Any help would be appreciated,

Jonathan

Update: Since posting 10 mins ago my mac pro has taken a turn for the worse. It powers up but hangs and I'm left with a blue screen with a few grey lines on it. Needs to go to apple I think. Anyone had any experience of this before?

2. BlueRevolution macrumors 603

BlueRevolution

Sounds like a graphics card problem to me if you're seeing artifacts and graphics glitches.

3. newkeyboard thread starter macrumors regular

That's what the guy at the repair centre just said. I've paid £150 already.... now just have to wait and see what the parts will cost :(