Can somebody with a 15" 2.2 Ghz 2011 macbook pro help me out?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by ROFL-WAFFLES, Sep 27, 2011.

1. ROFL-WAFFLES macrumors newbie

Hey there guys, im new to the mac scene and i have a few questions that i was wondering if you could answer for me :)

First of all i am planning to buy a macbook pro in 2012 when they have ivy bridge processors, but i have been looking around now for the current macbook pros and have a few things id like help with.

I do the occasional gaming on my current laptop and have seen that the current mbps can actually run the majority of games, i was wondering how hot they become and if this affects them in any way... such as internal damage or hindering performance. Id also love to know if the 15" 2.2Ghz mbp of 2011 with 6750 1Gb card can run pcsx2 very well, i would love to play Kingdom hearts 2 through again and i dont currently have a way to play it without a horribly blurry picture on my hdtv. (if anybody with this mbp could try it out for me and could tell me if they could get it in full speed + good framerate i would be incredibly grateful)

I would also like to know if these mbps are very fragile as i will be expecting to upgrade whatever ram i get with my mbp to 8gb through crucial (assuming 4gb is the standard for 2012 models) as i would be using it for video and photo editing along with other things. What i would hate is that i take the bottom panel off and scratch it or bend it or put it back and it doesnt sit well or you know... any paranoid thoughts about damaging it.

There are other questions i have but i cant really remember them off the top of my head at the minute :) Any help is appreciated

2. jayhawk11 macrumors 6502a

jayhawk11

It will get hot while gaming, so you definitely don't want to put it on your lap for an extended period of time. Playing Portal 2, it gets pretty hot, but it has absolutely great performance.

As far as flimsiness, don't worry about it. The entire thing is made out of aluminum, amigo. That bottom can be flexed but it isn't very likely that it will get bent or broken.

3. ROFL-WAFFLES thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks for the reply mate :)

does portal 2 run on everything maxed at a playable speed? (i got it free with my ps3 copy) i dont suppose you ever tried kingdom hearts on pcsx2?

4. medi.freak macrumors regular

Hey =)
    Also playing Portal on my 15" 2011 model. 2.2 and 1GB. It runs very smooth, no problems. Haven't played any other games, but it will certainly get hot playing ANY game. It even gets hot when skyping longer than 5 minutes...