Can someone confirm the capacity of a Macbook Pro Battery?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by redapex, Nov 18, 2011.

1. redapex macrumors newbie

I have a 2009 spec Macbook Pro 2.53ghz,4gb ram, blah blah blah and the battery went out on me after just a little over a year. "Luckily" I have an extended service plan through BBY in which they cover a replacement battery. Instead of waiting the two week turn around I simply called the GeekSquad and they sent me a new battery. Well, sadly I've noticed this brand new battery only last 2hrs... about as long as my busted OEM Apple Battery. I thought it just needed a few cycles to break in but then I checked the box and noticed it has a maximum capacity of 3600mAh. I have the old battery in my hand it reads part A1322. I cant seem to find the actual capacity for this specific battery but the "Laptop Battery Guide" lists Macbook Pros as having a capacity of 5500mAh. Can someone confirm this? It would definitely be of great help to me.

Thanks

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

3. ssn637 macrumors 6502

There are two A1322 models: an earlier 60 KWh version for the 2009 models and a 63.5 KWh variant for the newer machines. Both are valid replacements for your machine. The 60 KWh battery has a rated capacity of 5500 mAh, while the newer replacement is rated at 5770 mAh.

I made the mistake of ordering a replacement battery with e-bay and it arrived in refurbished condition although listed as new and never used! Your best bet is to order one from Apple directly, albeit at a higher price.