Can someone explain wtf happening to my iPhone 3GS 'white housing'?!?!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ericxd, Aug 12, 2009.

1. ericxd macrumors regular

Normally when I go out I use my Vaja Black n Red and when I'm at home, I slip on my iSkin SoloFX.

Just now as I'm taking out my iPhone out of my iSkin SoloFX, I looked at the back on my white iPhone 3GS and see that around the left middle side of the white housing, part of the iSkin solo design (if you own one you know they have circle designs) is stucked on my iPhone as if it is 'literally' transferred onto my iPhone 3GS. You can see the circle markings thru good lightings.

So now, part of the white housing has the iSkin circle marks when you put it against the light...

WTF happened here and am I cover for warranty?!?!?

2. bakerster macrumors regular

contact iskin.

they ruined the phone.

try cleaning it with alcohol.

3. Hudzilla macrumors 6502a

Hudzilla

4. brn2prgrm macrumors member

Covered under warranty for WHAT?! It sounds like a cosmetic issue which has ZERO impact on the technical functionality of the phone. Why on Earth would Apple or iSkin replace your phone because it merely has circle markings on the iPhone? And what possible difference does it make if you have your case on most of the time?

The iPhone is a just phone, not an antique piece of jewelry, so get over it!

5. ericxd thread starter macrumors regular

^yes but how does a bit of iSkin markings there there in the first place?

Like I said you can really one see it thru direct lighting. I guess i can try showing you tmw when its bright!

6. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

the phone is hardly ruined.

7. colmaclean macrumors 68000

colmaclean

8. benflick macrumors 68020

benflick

Definitely not ruined, especially if you can barely see them.:rolleyes:

9. samcraig macrumors P6

Warranty doesn't cover "user error"

Your problem isn't with the iPhone. It's with the case. Apple didn't provide the case - you bought it on your own.

And good luck trying to get the case manufacturer to do anything either.

10. JD914 macrumors 6502a

JD914

completely asinine! It doesn't take a rocket scientist to realize that you are NOT covered. Worst thread in macrumors history :rolleyes:

11. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

It may not be covered but go ahead and explain yourself as to how this is user error.

12. fhall1 macrumors 68040

fhall1

oh c'mon....you haven't read every thread on Macrumors since it was started...how can you know this is the very worst one? I'll agree with one of the worst though! :D

13. samcraig macrumors P6

Jessica. I was being a bit snarky. The OP put on a case that he decided to buy. It's not Apple's responsibility to make sure everything made for the Apple (that isn't theirs) won't cause damage. That's all

14. gloss macrumors 601

gloss

15. Givmeabrek macrumors 68030

Givmeabrek

It might be covered by warranty. Not any phone warranty but the iSkin warranty. If it damages your phone they could be held responsible. Contact iSkin and give them hell!! :eek:

16. ericxd thread starter macrumors regular

For those who said rubbing alcohol, you guys being serious? I dun wanna use it and end up with a WTF

...ok so Apple dun cover it but can someone explain WTF happened here? Thats my main concern...

17. ouimetnick macrumors 68020

ouimetnick

I've used rubbing alchol on my neighbors white 3G, and it made it look brand new. it was all grimy and dirty before.

18. benfilan macrumors 6502

benfilan

This is the first time I've ever seen 'WTF' used as a noun. What a beautiful day.

19. BNZ1 macrumors regular

WTF happened is that your case is of poor quality. Your only shot in hell is to contact the case manufacturer. I personally think you should take a cup of cement and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bmXri8ZCKjc&feature=PlayList&p=00FDD0C4E5DC6254&index=0

20. Hudzilla macrumors 6502a

Hudzilla

Yea, i was thinking the same thing, this threads WTF-alicious.

21. detroit1 macrumors regular

are you really that dumb!?!?!?!?! anyone in a basic chemistry class would know that the pattern came off of the skin onto the phone because of both the heat and pressure of the case and phone. You must have left it in direct sunlight with the case exposed for this to happen.

22. The Californian macrumors 68040

The Californian

I've cleaned all of my phones with rubbing alcohol (Including my iPhones) and it has done nothing but clean my phone up as good as new. What are you afraid will happen? If you would like me to give you the chemistry to back up why Isopropyl alcohol (C3H7OH) will not affect Plastic or Ceramic with a silicone coating (Which in case you didn't know is what the back of the iPhone 3G and iPhone 3GS is made of, and their chemical compounds are much to complicated for me to get into right now), I would be more than happy to.

But if you want to continue to fear for no reason ... enjoy your circles.

23. TomxHow macrumors member

Unlucky about that, I suggest you possibly try and clean it with some alcohol or something.