can someone give me an overall review of the iphone 3g[s]

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by lisaaaaaxo, Dec 25, 2009.

1. lisaaaaaxo macrumors newbie

lisaaaaaxo

**For people who has/had own(ed) an iPhone 3G only!!!

-iPhone 3G Review-
    please include:

- # of GB:
    - color :
    - pros :
    - cons :
    - battery life :
    - camera :
    - web browsing :
    *&also, pls rate itt out of 5 stars.

& just the phone overall ! :)
    i'm getting one &i'm not too sure yet if it's the right one for me.

2. UnLiMiTeD558 macrumors regular

and what exacly do you expect to find out here then if you have read the 1 million reviews online?

3. staccato83 macrumors 6502a

staccato83

I think she wants the review to fit her specific criteria. Apparently all of the tech sites don't know how to do proper reviews of a phone. :rolleyes:

4. kidwithdimples macrumors 6502a

Jeez, lisa, didn't you just create a thread a few minutes ago?

Just pick a color and go with it.

5. NovemberWhiskey macrumors 68030

NovemberWhiskey

6. skubish macrumors 68030

skubish

If you have the money get the 3GS. What's the problem here? There is NO negative to the 3GS over the 3G except the extra $100. None, zero, zippo.

7. nickspohn macrumors 68040

nickspohn

See my signature for a professional review i've written.

8. Mademan12321 macrumors 6502

- # of GB: 16
    - color : white
    - pros : Web browser, ease of use, amount of apps and support for the phone, updates that come fairly often, jailbreaking for a lot of people. excellent touch screen, size.
    - cons : ATT network :mad: , battery can be sucked dry in a few hours if you are a heavy user ,
    - battery life : 4/10 I do a lot on it yet feel it can be a lot better.
    - camera : 8.0/10
    - web browsing : 10/10

Please rate it out of 5 stars: 5/5. I have tried out most of the new cellphones and none of them do what the iphone can. If you are looking for hardware specs for a phone then you should try out other phones. If your looking for an everything phone with tons of support then this is it.

9. lisaaaaaxo thread starter macrumors newbie

lisaaaaaxo

Great guess, but no. ;)
    I wanted review from regular people, &I'm not saying those tech sites aren't regular people, but I wanted reviews from normal people of todays society to review them, instead of people who work for review websites. :)

10. lisaaaaaxo thread starter macrumors newbie

lisaaaaaxo

Thanks ! :D

11. lisaaaaaxo thread starter macrumors newbie

lisaaaaaxo

12. lisaaaaaxo thread starter macrumors newbie

lisaaaaaxo

Yes, I did create a thread previously.

Eh? This has nothing to do with my last thread. If your concerning because of the 'color :' part, it's if the users have the black ones lists the problem with the smudges.

13. lisaaaaaxo thread starter macrumors newbie

lisaaaaaxo

I didn't want a comparison from the 3GS over the 3G? But thanks? :confused:

14. nfl46 macrumors 603

I'm bored, and have nothing to do, so why not, lol.

- # of GB: 16 GB
    - color : White
    - pros : Browser, Ease of Use, iPod, App Store, Screen Size, etc.
    - cons : Battery Life, lack of camera flash, needs to improve e-mail
    - battery life : 7/10 - its not too bad, maybe because I always have my netbook and charger with me.
    - camera : 8/10 - I would give it better if it had flash. It takes REALLY good pictures in the light.
    - web browsing : 9.7/10

iPhone 3GS - 4.5/5 ; give us better battery life and camera flash, and I'm great!

15. lemonademaker macrumors 6502a

lemonademaker

In a Van Down By The River! Metro Detroit!
    i'm bored also, so i'll just X2 your answers to the OP's question... this is a kind of a "beating a dead horse" kind of a question for this day and time.....
    OP,
    did you find anything in any of these answers that you did not already know from the 1000's of reviews on the interwebs? anything earth shattering that you didn't already know?

16. lisaaaaaxo thread starter macrumors newbie

lisaaaaaxo

Kinda, why ask?

17. lemonademaker macrumors 6502a

lemonademaker

In a Van Down By The River! Metro Detroit!
  18. neilp4453 macrumors regular

I've owned a 3g and 3gs (the 3gs is my current phone). My roommate has a motorolla droid which I play around with all the time. I believe I can give a very good review.

- # of GB: 16gigs
    - color : black
    - pros : Very little lag due to hardware; web browsing that is superior to other phones; UI is great; very sexy looking phone; touch screen is pretty flawless; transitions are smooth
    - cons : not many innate features (the droid has tons of features that work much better than on the iphone/intregrated into the UI); heavily controlled apps (for example, the droid has pdanet available on their marketplace...iphone doesn't); back easily scratches
    - battery life : 2.5hours with usage throughout the day
    - camera : I believe it is 3MP..improvement over past iphone...droid has flash and more MP
    - web browsing : superior due to multi-touch; there is much less rendering lag like there is in the 3g

Service-wise, people complain about dropped calls a lot on ATT...I have not experienced this much. 3g is def. faster on the ATT network, 3g is more reliable on Verizon. Sometimes when I am sitting in class with my roommate...I don't get a good 3g signal...he does on verizon.

If you don't need this phone for business and get a decent ATT signal where you live...go for it. The phone is great. I'd def. give it 4.5/5.

19. iSee macrumors 68040

iSee

- # of GB: 32
    - color : black
    - pros : being connected (web, email, etc.) and especially apps, apps, apps - I'm always finding something else it can do for me.
    - cons : Besides the things I list below, I wish I could download podcasts that are > 10MB when using 3G.
    - battery life : so-so. I've got to recharge every night, but it doesn't run out during the day under moderate use.
    - camera : Probably the weakest part of the phone. OK when the light is excellent. Bad when the light is low.
    - web browsing : the best - its very fast for a mobile device and handles real web sites -- you usually want to avoid the "mobile" version of a site. The only thing it can't do is Flash-based stuff.

four stars

i'm getting one &i'm not too sure yet if it's the right one for me.[/QUOTE]

20. Blueline29 macrumors 68020

Blueline29

- # of GB: 32
    - color : white
    - pros : Web browser, ease of use, # of apps, jailbreaking has allowed me to customize it as much as I want, enabled me to consolidate devices. AT&T's network is all but flawless where I live, so that's a pro for me.
    - cons : battery life could probably be better, but I get better life than a lot of other people do (evidently), so I'm not complaining.
    - battery life : 7/10
    - camera : 4/10. Image quality in sunlight or bright light is great, especially for a cell phone camera, but the lack of flash and zoom is kind of mind-boggling.
    - web browsing : 10/10

Please rate it out of 5 stars: 5/5. This is, by far, the best phone I have ever owned. I can't imagine going back to a BB now, no matter what they may be like in the future or what improvements they trot out.

21. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Here's my review.
    The iPhone 3GS is a great phone and Internet device.

22. Quu macrumors 68020

Quu

- # of GB: 32GB
    - color: White

- pros: Very very fast, great voice quality on calls, looks really nice, bright easy to read screen, lots of applications obviously

- cons: The 'Messages' app is slow and I've had it crash my phone a couple times, the Mail client doesn't handle multiple clients very well, it could really do with a central inbox for all accounts

- battery life: Poor, but most smartphones have poor battery life. I have to charge my iPhone every day or else it will go out on me as I use it a lot. Also in standby over night it will eat through 15-20% battery which is annoying.

- camera: The camera is surprisingly good for the small size of it

- web browsing: Excellent, browsing over WiFi is great, over 3G its slower but still quite fast. Rendering of pages is fast.

Overall I like the phone I'd recommend it and I'll probably buy another iPhone in 2-3 years after this one wears out.

23. skubish macrumors 68030

skubish

If you aren't comparing the 3GS to another phone your thread is pointless.

Everything is relative. Is the 3GS great? Hmm well compared to this

[​IMG]

its awesome.

This thread bores me so I am out.

24. labman macrumors 604

labman

well I will add

I like mine, black 32gb pros better camera cons it cost me a extra $100 to get, and Apple restrictions. battery like good enough for me! ;)

25. lisaaaaaxo thread starter macrumors newbie

lisaaaaaxo

Thankssss :)