Can someone help me, I need to know what these lines are from? - 56k/Big Pictures

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Himynamesnoah, Sep 24, 2011.

1. Himynamesnoah macrumors member

Well I got this iPhone in a trade, knowing it was not working and had warranty until November. I have set up a repair and they are sending a box so I can send it in, and hopefully get it replaced. Here's the problem (Important part(s) in bold)
    The phone is completely dead, nothing works at all. Doesn't charge, doesn't respond to pressing buttons, it's not in DFU mode. The guy gave me a charger from ATT that light's up when the phone is plugged in, the light doesn't go on. Tried charging through the computer, everything.
    It just plain doesn't work. It's a little beat up, scratches on the front and back. Nothing major, but something is bothering me.
    It has the lines around the edges of the screen when the black digitizer part meets the LCD, the are only in certain parts and I can only describe them as, bubbles? Almost looks like water, I have alot of pictures trying to show what I'm describing (They were taken with my Infuse 4G which I also got in the trade):

[​IMG]

This shows it pretty good, that's a corner of it.
    [​IMG]

You can see it here, the white line reflecting.
    [​IMG]

I don't think it's water damage, the dock connector and headphone jack's water sensor things are white, not pink/red. So it can't be water damage. I just hope the replace the phone, I don't see why they wouldn't. Does anyone know how I could get it working, or why they wouldn't replace it?

2. Himynamesnoah thread starter macrumors member

3. Saileshbreaker macrumors regular

Its better you visit the apple store on your own and seeing the images, it seems to have fallen which apple might exchange if you end up with a gentle geniusboy

4. Himynamesnoah thread starter macrumors member