can someone help me to set-up mldonkey, CocoDonkey etc?

cb911

macrumors 601
Original poster
Mar 12, 2002
BrisVegas, Australia
i just got CocoDonkey, then i got mldonkey but i can't get CocoDonkey to work. could someone who has it a running give me some help?

FatTony

macrumors regular
Jul 17, 2002
Try here.

plus, this was posted on Version Tracker by a guy named "aplatanao"

STEPS! 1. download->' a) mldonkey b) cocodonkey c) donkey-o-mat 2) unstuff each one if they dont do so by themselves, if the donkeyomat looks like a word file unstuff it manually... 3) place mldonkey file in the applications folder 4) try dragging the mldonkey file into the donkey o mat once youve unstuffed this last one (omat) this should open the terminal and crap but dont mind that.... 5) open cocodonkey, preferences, locate your mldonkey 6) try connecting to the daemon 7) quit cocodonkey, quit terminal, now everytime u open cocodonkey it should do everything by itself... SHOULD... thats pretty much how i got it to work and its working 24/7 now guys, try reading the read me files.... the files in the temp folder inside the mldonkey folder get moved to the incoming folder by just pressing the green arrow inside the white boc in cocodonkey... no need to rename files... converts movies too! the search window stops working after like 3 or 4 searches... solution: quit and restart the app, it autoresumes flawlessly... NOW YOU KNOW! happy downloading! VIVA DONKEY!
I've had luck with the terminal, so I haven't tried the GUIs, yet.

cb911

macrumors 601
Original poster
Mar 12, 2002
BrisVegas, Australia
is that first link supposed to be to http.com? 'cause it's still under construction...

and another question. do mlodnkey or cocodonkey have to be in the applications foler? i want to put them in a seperate partition from my startup disk, this shouldn't be any problems should it?

FattyMembrane

macrumors 6502a
Apr 14, 2002
bat country
you dont need donkey-o-mat to run edonkey. all you really need is mldonkey, as this package provides a telnet interface, web interface, and x-windows interface (just check out the read me on how to access these). of course, it just wouldnt be as fun without a native osx interface, which is why we have cocodonkey. you can set cocodonkey to launch and terminate the mldonkey file automatically when it starts and quits, so they do not have to be in the same folder, you just have to tell cocodonkey where the "mldonkey" binary is. the package ran great for me for a while, but my computer seems to have huge problems with java apps (or cocoa/java apps in cocodonkey's case) and cocodonkey will not run anymore. i'm hoping that a reformat and clean install of 10.2 will fix this.

1. download mldonkey and unstuff it
2. download cocodonkey, unstuff it, run it, tell it where the "mldonkey" file is (somewhere in the prefs i believe)
3. quit cocodonkey and launch it again
4. this should work, although you may have to do some more fiddling with the prefs.

if all else fails, the web interface works fine