Can someone please give me a yes or a no answer so i can stop whining about trackpad

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by Hatsune Miku, May 21, 2012.

1. Hatsune Miku macrumors newbie

I am running windows 7 with bootcamp on a Macbookpro (lion).
    Does, or does not, the trackpad behave as fluently as it does on the mac OS partition?

click and drag gives me the most grief. the immediate millisecond i lift my finger from the object i am moving, it drops it. and so i have to annoyingly enable drag-lock. I also had this issue with my previous installation of windows xp. I just kinda of assumed that maybe that's just something one has to deal with running windows on a mac. is that the case?

thanks

2. Grannyville7989 macrumors 6502a

Grannyville7989

In my experience, I have always found the tap to click/drag very hit and miss when I'm using Windows. Therefore, I have set my settings in the Boot Camp control panel to have it so I have to press the trackpad to click; bottom left for left click, bottom right for right click.

3. Hatsune Miku thread starter macrumors newbie

thank you very much for the answer. i guess i'll just keep fiddling with the settings until i'm satisfied, then.

4. LastMinuteMike macrumors member

Nope.

The Windows trackpad drivers aren't as good as the OS X ones. Sadly we'll have to live with it :/

5. zzLZHzz macrumors 6502

it isn't as good as the one for OS X but it still slightly better than non-apple trackpad