Can someone point me to OS High Sierra?

machenryr

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 25, 2016
Can someone point me to where I can download High Sierra? I have two MacPros 5,1. One is on Sierra and the other is still Yosemite. I was going to install Mojave on the Yosemite MP but it needs to first be HS. OK. I'm not using the MP much so I can take the time to install all day. Actually, it's because I want to purchase and install FCP on that Mac. It won't install on Yosemite. BUT High Sierra is no longer accessible through the App Store, at least no searchable. I'm sure the download location is somewhere on this forum. I just haven't found it yet.

Thanks!

machenryr

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 25, 2016
Damn. My MacPro is early 2009. Does that mean it can't upgrade to Sierra? So that means I can't install FCP?
[doublepost=1552234161][/doublepost]I'm trying to install. It said I needed a firmware update. It's been sitting for the longest time. After I hit shutdown for the FW, I held the on button until the long beep. And I've been waiting for 15 minutes now. Nothing. Ideas?
[doublepost=1552235225][/doublepost]I would think that my update of the MacPro to 3.46GZ 5,1 would alleviate the need for this firmware update. I had to do a fw update when I updated the CPU. So I'm doing it again and just going to let it take all day. I have a different monitor with a switcher so I can't see the progress bar.

machenryr

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 25, 2016
ONE MORE TIME. I was incorrect. The MacPro is within the range that Apple says should work. It's mid 2010. I still get the notice that I need to upgrade the firmware. Ad it doesn't work. Anybody have a tip?
[doublepost=1552251559][/doublepost]It seems to be working.

mavots

macrumors member
Feb 15, 2019
Seattle, WA
Hi,

I am trying to upload 10.13.6 without success. App Store only gives me a small 20MB install file. I have spent the better part of the afternoon looking for solution to links but the best I can get is 10.13.2.
I need the 10.13.6 full install in order to update the Boot Rom on my mac Pro 5,1 prior to installing 10.14.3.
Many threads with ideas, including terminal scripts, but no luck so far.

mavots

macrumors member
Feb 15, 2019
Seattle, WA
Yes, App Store only downloads a small stub file of about 20mb. Upon further sleuthing, I discovered how to create an up to date HS 10.13.6 installer. I'd share the link but it has been a long day of searching and I can't find it anymore in my history. Short version. Download the stub file, start installer which downloads the rest of the installer package. Stop install. Find the installer folder and open it. Back at the stub file, use "show package contents". Open the Contents folder. Create a new folder in it called SharedSupport and put all the contents from the installer folder into that folder inside the stub file. Delete the installer folder.
The stub file is now complete up to date Installer!