Can someone recommend a gaming mouse that will work with OSX 10.6, XP, and Win7?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by walkstar, Aug 11, 2010.

1. walkstar macrumors newbie

I'm not expecting plug-&-play compatibility here. I am willing to do some driver/utility work, but would really appreciate some tutorial links.

I'd rather not buy a Mac-specific mouse, because from what I've seen they're more expensive and may not work in Windows. I'd really like to use the Logitech MX518, G5/500, or G9x - but I've read that most people have major issues trying to use them in OSX so if you know for sure those are dead-ends, please tell me so.

I appreciate any recommendations or links you can provide. Thanks in advance!

2. chrisvee macrumors regular

You could check out some of the mice they have to offer at Razer. They specialize in gaming mice and other peripherals.

3. walkstar thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the suggestion chrisvee but I've been there and their website has absolutely nothing about Mac compatibility.

4. chrisvee macrumors regular

I just went on the website, under the Techincal Specifications tab for most mice, it says they're compatible with PC/Mac.

Personally, since I have a MacBook Pro, I'd go with the Razer Orochi or Mamba. HYBRID gaming mice, they allow you to use wireless bluetooth connectivity, OR wired via USB.

5. RedReplicant macrumors 6502a

The Logitech Performance MX works great in OSX, the only downside is that it steals one of your USB ports.

6. jbyun04 macrumors 6502a

jbyun04

razer deathadder

i believe the only difference between 'mac' and non-mac edition is that one is white and the other is blue

i think some of the members here got their non-mac editions working in os x, all you have to do is download the mac drivers.

i just went for the mac version though, i prefer the white over the blue :p

7. walkstar thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks everyone for your replies, apparently I just fail at reading tech specs :p ... anyway, I just bought myself a Razer Imperator! I'll post back to let you know what I think :) Thanks again