Can someone recommend a laptop bag that comfortably handles weight and looks good?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by MontrealMonger, Oct 22, 2008.

1. MontrealMonger macrumors member

I was looking at the Chromes but they don`t appear to be very comfortable or ergonomic. The new Booq bags apparently are very comfortable but their looks are a bit wonky to me. I`m not crazy about the Timbuks but that may be where I`m heading. I think the most important qualities for me is that the bag not be too bulky (while still having space for a 13 inch Macbook, some accessories and some magazines or a book or two) and be able to take some weight off through well-conceived ergonomics.

2. costabunny macrumors 68020

costabunny

Have a look at crumpler Bags - Very nice, Strong and sooo comfy to carry. I have a Cheesy Tina in Roadkill Red and its perfect for 13" Macbook/Air. They do many different styles.

(oh and it was £65 so good value too)

3. vincenz macrumors 601

vincenz

You will probably like this:

http://store.apple.com/us/product/TN186LL/A

It's what I use. Perfectly specced for the 13" Macbook with a sleeve inside. Plenty of compartments and pen holders inside. Not at all bulky yet spacious. Quality material, durable, and best of all, professional and very sleek and chic. I love it. It's not too badly priced at $99 too.

4. skorpien macrumors 68020

I just picked up one of these at a local Apple store. There are other colours available at the be-ez site, and they fit computers up to 15". It actually fits my Aluminum Macbook really well, and the vertical alignment means there isn't as much wiggle room (only one inch compared to two inches horizontally).

5. indisguise macrumors member

this one is really nice,has just enough room for the charger and a mouse,papers, and doesnt take up too much room

6. Bengt77 macrumors 68000

Bengt77

7. TFMTASAD macrumors regular

8. budkid macrumors regular

they have a nice incase nylon bag here on fleabay

9. bektravels macrumors regular

I second the Crumpler notion. Look good, hard wearing.

10. JW008 macrumors 6502

Thirded. I just bought one for my new MacBook (Late 2008) and it's great.

Problem is (at least as of last week) they're sold out at crumpler.com and amazon.com. I ended up using Bag You (http://www.bagyou.com). $85 with no tax and free UPS shipping. That might seem a little expensive, but it's a great bag and worth every penny.

11. macnvrbck macrumors regular

You can't go wrong with a Booq sleeve, best sleeves on the market!

12. Mitsune macrumors newbie

I personally use a Wenger, Swiss Gear backpack because of it's space and comfort. Sadly, the backpack I'm using have been out of production for the longest. It's so small when compared to the other / newer ones.

Other than that, I've been eyeing on these laptop shoulder bags. Oddly enough I found these from Game Informer. Now I need to start finding the funds to pick one of these up.

And here's another store to look into.