Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Yusbk

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 23, 2019
I’m on iOS 13 Public Beta 6 and Watch OS 5.3. When I open the Watch app, click Wallet and Apple Pay, then click Add Card I get the screen to scan the new card. I can’t scan the Apple Card however, so I click Enter Card Details Manually. Now I can add the card number I get from the ‘Card Information’ section of the Apple Card’s more information screen. When I paste in the card number and hit Next I get a pop up saying ‘Could Not Add Card’. Has anyone figured out how to resolve this, so I can use Apple Card from my watch?

DoubleFlyaway

macrumors 68000
Nov 16, 2017
I’m on iOS 13 Public Beta 6 and Watch OS 5.3. When I open the Watch app, click Wallet and Apple Pay, then click Add Card I get the screen to scan the new card. I can’t scan the Apple Card however, so I click Enter Card Details Manually. Now I can add the card number I get from the ‘Card Information’ section of the Apple Card’s more information screen. When I paste in the card number and hit Next I get a pop up saying ‘Could Not Add Card’. Has anyone figured out how to resolve this, so I can use Apple Card from my watch?
I had no problem with my watch, but when I try it on my iPad, I have exactly what you are describing here. It’s just not automatically there like it’s supposed to be and like it was for my watch. No solution yet

jonblatho

macrumors 68030
Jan 20, 2014
Oklahoma
I had no problem with my watch, but when I try it on my iPad, I have exactly what you are describing here. It’s just not automatically there like it’s supposed to be and like it was for my watch. No solution yet
Are your phone and iPad signed into the same iCloud account? That’s how Wallet cards are synced such that they show up when you go to add a card. I’m assuming they’re signed into the same iCloud account, but it’s a good thing to look into first. Other than that, you might see if Wallet is enabled under iCloud settings for both devices.

As for how that might impact the Watch for the OP…honestly no clue. Maybe check to see if Wallet is enabled under iCloud settings on the phone? If not, could necessitate a reset and re-pair.

Also, it’s likely that Apple won’t allow you to add the card using the card number. Some Apple Pay cards for other banks require you to add a card from their app. (If my memory serves me, Square Cash used to do that but no longer does.) Similarly I’m guessing Apple requires that the Apple Card be added to Wallet only via one’s iCloud account.

Last edited:

DoubleFlyaway

macrumors 68000
Nov 16, 2017
Are your phone and iPad signed into the same iCloud account? That’s how Wallet cards are synced such that they show up when you go to add a card. I’m assuming they’re signed into the same iCloud account, but it’s a good thing to look into first. Other than that, you might see if Wallet is enabled under iCloud settings for both devices.

As for how that might impact the Watch for the OP…honestly no clue. Maybe check to see if Wallet is enabled under iCloud settings on the phone? If not, could necessitate a reset and re-pair.
Yeah, they are on the same i.d. And both have wallet and, of course, the same Apple Cash card on it.

DoubleFlyaway

macrumors 68000
Nov 16, 2017
Agreed.Its actually too strange then
I’ve even wiped my iPad completely. When I go to set up Apple Pay again, it only offers me the Apple Cash Card and my other two cards that are in my iCloud. No idea. Maybe when iOS 13 comes out for real. I’m on the beta. Though I swear others on the beta have had this work just fine.

Yusbk

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 23, 2019

Also, it’s likely that Apple won’t allow you to add the card using the card number. Some Apple Pay cards for other banks require you to add a card from their app. (If my memory serves me, Square Cash used to do that but no longer does.) Similarly I’m guessing Apple requires that the Apple Card be added to Wallet only via one’s iCloud account.

iCloud settings are enabled in the Watch app. I’m not going to restore the phone because I’ll lose data and there doesn’t seem so be anything wrong with it other than this bug. Just seems too drastic at this stage. Thank you for your ideas, though!
[doublepost=1566669204][/doublepost]
I’ve even wiped my iPad completely. When I go to set up Apple Pay again, it only offers me the Apple Cash Card and my other two cards that are in my iCloud. No idea. Maybe when iOS 13 comes out for real. I’m on the beta. Though I swear others on the beta have had this work just fine.

You may get better results if you start your own thread with an appropriate title and tags. People won’t see this one if they are specifically looking for information about iPads with the same problems or potential solutions. Best of luck!

Reactions: DoubleFlyaway

someoneoutthere

macrumors 6502
Jul 27, 2014
Someplaceoutthere

I am on PB 7 and Watch OS 5.3 and here is how I made it work: If your Apple Card does not show up automatically once you get approved (which it should), open Wallet app ON YOUR IPHONE, add new card, TYPE EVERYTHING instead of copy/paste, done. I have been using the Apple Card with my iPhone and Apple Watch for quite some time now.
The only thing I had to do after approval was to make sure that I made it the “default card” for all of my Apple Pay transactions. It was visible right away after the approval process.
You can always try a soft-reset (look up directions for your specific iPhone) and see if it fixes the issue for you.
Also, my iPad is also on PB 7, and Apple Card does not show up there (which I really don’t care.) It will probably be fixed when iOS 13 is officially out.
Hope it helps.

Last edited:

Yusbk

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 23, 2019
I am on PB 7 and Watch OS 5.3 and here is how I made it work: If your Apple Card does not show up automatically once you get approved (which it should), open Wallet app ON YOUR IPHONE, add new card, TYPE EVERYTHING instead of copy/paste, done. I have been using the Apple Card with my iPhone and Apple Watch for quite some time now.
The only thing I had to do after approval was to make sure that I made it the “default card” for all of my Apple Pay transactions. It was visible right away after the approval process.
You can always try a soft-reset (look up directions for your specific iPhone) and see if it fixes the issue for you.
Also, my iPad is also on PB 7, and Apple Card does not show up there (which I really don’t care.) It will probably be fixed when iOS 13 is officially out.
Hope it helps.

Unfortunately, typing each individual number instead of pasting didn’t do the trick for me.

Apple Pay has often been broken/temporarily disabled in beta versions of iOS. Have you submitted beta bug reports?

Indeed, I have.

Yusbk

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 23, 2019
Solved:

All I had to do was unpair and re-pair my watch. The pair process has you set up the wallet again. After that Apple Card finally appears in the Apple Watch’s wallet.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.