Can the band be switched to XL at purchase?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Number-Six, Apr 7, 2017.

1. Number-Six macrumors 6502

Number-Six

I cannot seem to be able to find an answer, I went to an Apple Store to try the watches and the band only fits in the last hole and is pretty tight.

The genius at the store told me that I could buy the watch online and would get an option to change the band to the XL one, but I cannot see this. I do see that I could add the XL band but as an additional purchase (of $69 in Canada :eek:)

So has anyone been able to have the band changed from L to XL without having to purchase it outright?

2. Number-Six thread starter macrumors 6502

Number-Six

Got the answer from the live Chat service: The band cannot be changed, only way to get XL is to purchase it

3. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

There was a time when you could mix and switch bands at the Apple Store but no longer.

4. Relentless Power macrumors P6

Relentless Power

And part of that is because the XL band is more rare to come across, which most fit into the category of the M/L band. And at my Apple Store, I have not seen an XL band, which was only available to purchase online.

5. Number-Six thread starter macrumors 6502

Number-Six

Indeed the XL band was not available in the store i visited

6. Panther61, Apr 8, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2017

Panther61 macrumors newbie

Panther61

Buy the XL sport band from the online Apple Store and sell the band that came with your watch on ebay which I did. You will recoup some of the cost and your can re-use the XL band packaging as well for the sale. It should lend some credibility that you are not selling a knockoff if you explain you needed the larger band.