Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Scott-n-Houston

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 27, 2008
Houston (duh)
Can the Genius Bar see any kind of 'task manager' for lack of a better term that would show which App I have that is zapping battery on my iPad.
I have all apps closed but my battery goes down, even while idle, as if it's still running something. Not quite like I'm surfing the web or watching video, but I'll lose about 20% or so of battery overnight.

Night Spring

macrumors G5
Jul 17, 2008
Sounds more like you have a weak battery than that any particular app is at fault. But yes, do take it into Genius Bar, they have diagnostic software that can pinpoint the problem. Make sure to backup your iPad first, as they might decide to swap it with a replacement.

Scott-n-Houston

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 27, 2008
Houston (duh)
Sounds more like you have a weak battery than that any particular app is at fault. But yes, do take it into Genius Bar, they have diagnostic software that can pinpoint the problem. Make sure to backup your iPad first, as they might decide to swap it with a replacement.

Nope. When I restore to new and no apps but the standard apps, it lasts forever like it used to. It started acting up after updating the iOS, and now some App is causing havoc on the new OS.

Also, I can put my image on my wife's iPad, and hers will have battery issues too until I restore her image back to it.

I will take to the genius bar. I am just wondering if it's worth my time.

Night Spring

macrumors G5
Jul 17, 2008
Nope. When I restore to new and no apps but the standard apps, it lasts forever like it used to. It started acting up after updating the iOS, and now some App is causing havoc on the new OS.

Also, I can put my image on my wife's iPad, and hers will have battery issues too until I restore her image back to it.

I will take to the genius bar. I am just wondering if it's worth my time.

Well, in that case, there are ways to troubleshoot that. But if you have a lot of apps, it might take a lot of time. So depending on how far you are from the Apple store, it might be faster just to go talk to a Genius.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.