Can the iPhone 3GS work without connector 2?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by whitholmes0116, Jun 5, 2012.

1. whitholmes0116 macrumors newbie

:mad:I have had my iPhone 3GS since January 2012. It had been working up until last Wednesday for some reason. It was completely random and I tried charging it and multiple other things but it stayed turned off. I went to the apple store immediately and they said that connector 2 was missing on the inside of the phone. I had no idea because I had never been inside of my phone and neither had anyone else until the apple store did. They told me to take it to AT&T store because it was missing components and they wouldn't be able to work on it with missing components. So after that I took it to the AT&T store and they stated that apple would have to work on it, but i explained to them apple stated it was missing components and they wouldn't be able to operate on it. Plus, the person who assisted me printed out paperwork saying this to prove to the AT&T store it had been shipped without the connector 2 connector. AT&T then called the manager at the apple store and he said that the iphone never would have worked without the connector two ribbon. I didn't understand this because it had been working since January and abruptly stopped working. To my conclusions I think that AT&T shipped it without the connector. I am very frustrated with AT&T for not replacing the phone since I have been with them since my mother has been with them since 1992 and has never complained about a phone. She also pays about $280/mo. for both of our phone bills. Has anyone ever had an iPhone shipped to them missing parts? And Can the iPhone work without the connector? Please comment your suggestions, conclusions, and advice.

2. whitholmes0116 thread starter macrumors newbie

Please comment and give advice. I have no idea what to do now.

3. blueroom macrumors 603

blueroom

Take it to an Apple store. If all else fails they might offer to swap it (at a cost to you).

4. whitholmes0116 thread starter macrumors newbie

I have taken it to the apple store 2 times. Do you know if it can work without the connector?

5. Dwalls90 macrumors 601

Dwalls90

Apple would never turn you to AT&T ... they will offer to repair for a fee or replace if it's non-accidental damage covered under your warranty coverage.

6. chambone macrumors 6502a

chambone

Connector 2 is for the digitizer. You wouldn't have been able to operate the phone if it were missing. AT&T are right. Go back to the Apple store - they're BS'ing you.