General Can the location be faked? I don't like Find My Friend

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by kgys99, Dec 28, 2011.

1. kgys99, Dec 28, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2011

kgys99 macrumors newbie

If I delete Find My Friend, she will find ......

2. Eager Beaver macrumors 6502a

Eager Beaver

It's your mom and dad's job to track you and make sure you're not someplace you shouldn't be.
    When you get older, and pay for your own phone, you can do as you please. ;)

3. rans0m00 macrumors 6502

This is a question I have been wondering about also. I don't mind being tracked by my friends and family most of the time but every once in a while I prefer not to be. Like some doctors appointments or the no I am staying home and in reality I am going out. Is there a way to block out certain areas or is the best way to just turn off all location services for the times I do not want to be tracked?

4. gouda272 macrumors regular

I would think if you just turned off location services for Find my friend that would accomplish what you want. I haven't tried it nor do i use find my friend so i'm not 100% sure on this.

5. rick snagwell macrumors 68040

rick snagwell

6. sblssls, Dec 28, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2011

sblssls macrumors newbie

LocationHolic from Cydia will help you (http://www.locationholic.com). I also have used fakelocation. I think LocationHolic is a better choice. It's more easy to use and more powerful.

7. speed4tu macrumors member

Why don't you just delete the app or set your location to off? Its not mandatory that you use the app.

8. kgys99 thread starter macrumors newbie

If I delete or turn off, can't she find?

----------

Thanks, I found Locationholic. It's so charming to set fake location, wow~~

9. surfologist87 macrumors 6502

Lol, dude she can always find you. And when she does, she will take your house, your car, and all of your money.

10. xqyty macrumors newbie

My god! It's so terrible!

11. RKO macrumors 6502

RKO

Scary but so true. :eek:

12. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

You will be fine. Make sure your phone is off when your on bed with other people :D, then she won't be able to find out.

13. Geckotek macrumors G3

Geckotek

What's all the fuss about?

Under the "Me" tab there is an option "Hide from Followers". Simply turn it on. :rolleyes:

14. rans0m00 macrumors 6502

I hadnt explored the app enough there is an option to go into hiding. There is also the fake location app in cydia. Thanks for the responses I guess I should have just played with the app a little more before I asked.

15. jimmy83 macrumors 65816

Anyone managed to successfully faked a location on Find My Friend's app? Ive changed my location on locationholic and it shows the faked location on Find My Friend's but its still showing my real location on my freinds iDevices :confused:

16. mirageyiyi macrumors newbie

buy an iPad

I was worried about it before until I bought an iPad. When you don't want to show your location, just go to the account setting and make the app show the location of your iPad, which you left at home.