Can the rubber feet on the bottom of case be replaced?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by ClemTiger0408, Nov 19, 2008.

1. ClemTiger0408 macrumors 6502

Can those little rubber circles on the underside of the bottom case be replaced? All but one of mine has fallen off so my MBP scratches across surfaces badly.

Can they be purchased or will Applecare cover it?

2. velocityg4 macrumors 68040

velocityg4

From what I have heard just bring it in to a Genius at the Apple store and they should have rubber feet available. I checked ifixit.com but they do not have any Macbook/Pro feet.

3. dubhe macrumors 65816

dubhe

I would call that a defect, so applecare should cover it. I'm surprised to hear so many have come out, mine are well and truly secured!

4. DoNoHarm macrumors 65816

DoNoHarm

pawz

I think there is a product called Pawz that makes better feet than the feet that came on the old MBP. If mine were coming off, I would buy those instead of having Apple replace the feet with what is stock.

5. velocityg4 macrumors 68040

velocityg4

I don't recall but are there screws hidden under the rubber feet? If not I would remove the weak adhesive from the new feet you get and superglue or epoxy those suckers on.

6. johny5 macrumors 6502a

johny5

sorry I know this is a MBP section but I had to mention the rubber feet on my alu MB are like plastic and they let the MB slide around the desk!?