Can the Western Digital My Cloud be as fast as a WD My Studio w/ USB 3?

ToddJ

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 23, 2008
My return policy is ending tomorrow on a Western Digital My Cloud 3T NAS drive and have had some problems with it being REALLY, REALLY slow. I am thinking I should exchange it for a Western Digital My Studio 3T w/ usb 3 and was wondering if the my studio would be faster (i know this is a real newbie question.)

Beaglerescue

macrumors newbie
Feb 13, 2015
Upstate NY
My return policy is ending tomorrow on a Western Digital My Cloud 3T NAS drive and have had some problems with it being REALLY, REALLY slow. I am thinking I should exchange it for a Western Digital My Studio 3T w/ usb 3 and was wondering if the my studio would be faster (i know this is a real newbie question.)
If you are comparing Network storage to usb3 storage, the answer is the USB3 is going to be much, much faster...I have the MYcloud for time machine and media storage...only. I use my 2TB usb passport (usb) for work in progress only due to the fact it is much, much faster.. :)

matreya

macrumors 65816
Nov 14, 2009
The My Studio 3TB w/ USB3 will be a LOT faster than the My Cloud. IMHO, the My Cloud is a dog of a drive...