Can this be a loophole to change my iPhone eligibility date?

britneyfan

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 18, 2010
The guy on the phone the once told me I'd be eligible after a year because of my account revenue.

The other people are all "NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO 20 MONTHS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:" and giving me different reasons why I can't upgrade in October.

I want to speak to a manager.
How do I do that?

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
Speak to whoever you want.
Your account revenue plays no role any more. AT&T has changed that so no matter if you pay a $500 bill every month you will still have to wait 20 months to get a full upgrade.

britneyfan

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 18, 2010
Your account revenue plays no role any more. AT&T has changed that so no matter if you pay a $500 bill every month you will still have to wait 20 months to get a full upgrade.
Well maybe if I bitch enough they'll move it.

willmtaylor

macrumors G4
Oct 31, 2009
Here(-ish)
The guy on the phone the once told me I'd be eligible after a year because of my account revenue.

The other people are all "NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO 20 MONTHS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:" and giving me different reasons why I can't upgrade in October.

I want to speak to a manager.
How do I do that?
Are you asking how to ask to speak for a manager?

BTW, telephone support people are notorious on the forums for giving 5 different answers with 5 different phone calls.

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
Why are you entitled to a fully subsidized price when you haven't even come near finishing your 24-month contract? Riddle me that.

Bitch all you want but they don't have to do jack.

willmtaylor

macrumors G4
Oct 31, 2009
Here(-ish)
It used to; from what people are saying, on here (over and over again) is that this isn't the case anymore.

Best of luck.

----------

Why are you entitled to a fully subsidized price when you haven't even come near finishing your 24-month contract? Riddle me that.

Hah! Yup.

britneyfan

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 18, 2010
Are you asking how to ask to speak for a manager?

BTW, telephone support people are notorious on the forums for giving 5 different answers with 5 different phone calls.
Exactly what happened to me!

You can try.
Sometimes it works.
LOL. Hopefully it does.

----------

Nope, they don't have to. It would be nice if they did.

I don't appreciate you coming in the thread that I created with a holier than thou attitude because I bet you wouldn't mind getting your upgrade bumped up either.

mattopotamus

macrumors G5
Jun 12, 2012
Ehhh LOL. I'll just bitch for the next few days. SOMEONE has to be dumb enough to give it to me. Not my fault.
Someone in another thread pointed out that if you do plan on upgrading every year and they hold true to only letting you get the subsidized upgrade, it will be cheaper to pay full retail this year and then do the $199 with the next iphone by about $70.

While the subsidized price is tempting, go full retail to save money longer in the end game. Although to me personally, I think $200 saved today is worth a lot more than saving $70 a year later.

cyks

macrumors 68020
Jul 24, 2002
Westchester County, NY
Nope, they don't have to. It would be nice if they did.

I don't appreciate you coming in the thread that I created with a holier than thou attitude because I bet you wouldn't mind getting your upgrade bumped up either.
They may not mind if they got their upgrade bumped, but, then again, they didn't start a thread (in a public forum) asking how to get something for nothing.

britneyfan

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 18, 2010
Someone in another thread pointed out that if you do plan on upgrading every year and they hold true to only letting you get the subsidized upgrade, it will be cheaper to pay full retail this year and then do the $199 with the next iphone by about $70.

While the subsidized price is tempting, go full retail to save money longer in the end game. Although to me personally, I think $200 saved today is worth a lot more than saving $70 a year later.
Thanks! And yeah I agree. I was thinking about that. Do they think we're stupid or something?

I'm actually thinking about cancelling by paying the ETF and going to TMo with a full priced phone because they have a truly unlimited plan now. Maybe Sprint? They have truly unlimited.

----------

They may not mind if they got their upgrade bumped, but, then again, they didn't start a thread (in a public forum) asking how to get something for nothing.
Something for nothing?
Yeah, with the amount of money we pay on our bill, subsidies are paid off after a year.

mattopotamus

macrumors G5
Jun 12, 2012
Thanks! And yeah I agree. I was thinking about that. Do they think we're stupid or something?

I'm actually thinking about cancelling by paying the ETF and going to TMo with a full priced phone because they have a truly unlimited plan now. Maybe Sprint? They have truly unlimited.
I think T-mobile has pretty good 3G speeds and is planning on having pretty good LTE coverage by the end of 2013. Sprint for me would be a definite no.....you get speeds of around 1mbps down on a good day.....right now I get between 5-8 on at&t and with their LTE i get between 14-20

FelixDerKater

Contributor
Apr 12, 2002
Nirgendwo in Amerika
If you are with AT&T and you are on an unlimited data plan, and you have also been throttled, you can call and complain about the throttling and they will go ahead an authorize an upgrade to an LTE phone. Patiently await the LTE iPhone and then make your move.

iAmYou

macrumors 6502
Jun 29, 2010
Thats not entirely accurate.
I still get upgrades much more frequently due to my FAN and revenue.

braddick

macrumors 68040
Jun 28, 2009
Encinitas, CA
Deliver them chocolate chip cookies. But not the cheap kind you buy at VONS. Bake them yourself.
Should go a long way toward getting your upgrade sooner rather than later.
A half gallon of whole milk is a nice added touch too.