Can this be done with a bunch of images?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by James83448, Jun 6, 2016.

1. James83448 macrumors regular

James83448

I'm trying to get this done on their OS X or iOS (I imagine OS X will be easier!).

I have 100 images on my computer. I want to print them to a PDF, 4 per page, and then save the resulting PDF. I have been able to do that no problem, but I also want the date the photograph was taken to be displayed, either as text overlay somewhere on the photo, or beside the photo.

I can't figure out how to display the date the photo was taken, in a presentable way that can be printed. I could manually create a text overlay, and add the date, but that would be a pain for 100 images!

TL;DR I want to create something like this, but at the minute, I can only create something like this (notice the date is missing). How can I add the date?

2. Oliverhay macrumors member

Oliverhay

You could investigate adobe bridge? I haven't had a chance to look myself but they are often useful for these types of things regarding images. Trail available

Alternatively, are comfortable with python or some other programming language? What you're asking is definitely possible there..

3. BrianBaughn macrumors 601

BrianBaughn

Photos will do that with the caption under the photo. Select the photos, File>Print, Contact Sheet, Columns=1, Captions (pick your options), Print, Show Details, then adjust the layout to 4 per page.